The processor is indeed an essential part of a smartphone. The performance of your smartphone, how it handles games/apps, etc., all depends on the processor’s clock speed. Also, the performance of the camera depends on the processor.
You might already know about your phone’s processor if you are a tech geek. However, many users don’t know what kind of processor their Android smartphone has.
Although you can check your phone manufacturer’s website to know every detail of the processor, you need to use third-party apps if you want detailed information. Many third-party apps are available out there that tell you about your smartphone’s hardware.
Check What Kind of Processor your Android Device Have
You can use any of them to check what kind of processor your Android device has. These third-party apps will tell you about the processor cores, clock speed, Architecture, and more details.
So, in this article, we will share the few best methods to check what kind of Processor your Android device has. Let’s check out.
1. First, download and install the Droid Hardware Info app from the Google Play Store.
2. Open the newly installed app, and inside the app, select the System tab, and you will see the two fields named CPU Architecture and Instruction Sets. Just go through these, and you will get information regarding the processor.
3. Essentially, the ARM: ARMv7 or armeabi, ARM64: AArch64 or arm64, and the x86: x86 or x86abi are the decoded information for your processor architecture that you might be looking for. Some of the other information is too listed with the app, which you could easily use to narrate the full hardware information of your device processor!
Usually, when we purchase a new Android smartphone, we learn about the smartphone’s specifications from the box itself. This is because the phone’s box throws light on the device’s specifications. However, if you have lost the box, you can try out the CPU-Z for Android to know your device’s processor.
1. First, visit the google play store, search for CPU-Z, and install it. You can also download the app from this link.
2. Once downloaded, open the app and grant every permission that the app asks for.
3. After granting the permissions, you will see the app’s main interface. If you want detailed information about the processor, tap the ‘SoC’ tab.
4. Similarly, select System if you want to know about the system.
5. The best thing about CPU-Z is using the app to get detailed information about the battery and sensors.
So, this is how you can download & install CPU-Z on your Android smartphone. If you need further help regarding the installation steps, discuss them with us in the comments.
Like the above apps, plenty of other Android apps are available on the Google Play Store, allowing users to check what kind of processor their smartphone has. Below, we will list the three best Android apps to know CPU details.
3DMark is one of the best and leading benchmarking app available on the Google Play Store. Apart from just showing what kind of processor your device has, it also benchmarks your device’s GPU and CPU performance.
2. Geekbench 4
Geekbench 4 is another best Android apps on the list, which shows how your device stands up against others on the market. It shows the GPU and CPU information. Apart from that, it runs some real-world tasks and applications to measure your phone’s performance.
3. CPU X : Device & System info
As the app’s name says, CPU X: Device & System info is designed to provide you with complete information about components of your devices like processor, cores, speed, model, ram, camera, sensors, etc.
The app is pretty much similar to the CPU-Z, but it packs some extra features. With CPU X: Device & System info, you can track internet speed in real time.
So, these are the best methods and apps to check what kind of processor your Android has. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.