With Windows 11, you get more customization options, better features, and better app compatibility than Windows 10. Also, Microsoft is upgrading lots of its apps on Windows 11.
Until now, it had introduced a new Paint app, new Microsoft Store, new Notepad application, new Media player, and more. However, the problem is that Windows 11 is still under the testing phase, and it still has many bugs.
While Windows 11 is still under testing, many users may want to try out different editions of Windows 11. Like Windows 10, Windows 11 is available in multiple editions – Home, Pro, Education, Enterprise, SE, and a few others.
5 Best Methods to Check Windows 11 Edition
If you feel that a feature is missing on your Windows 11, it’s best to check the Windows 11 edition. Some of the features of Windows 11 is exclusive to only Enterprise and Pro edition.
So, in this article, we will share some of the best methods to check Windows 11 edition. Let’s check out.
1) Check Windows 11 Edition via RUN Command
We will use the RUN dialog box to check the Windows 11 edition in this method. But, first, follow some of the simple steps shared below.
1. First of all, press Windows Key + R button on your keyboard. This will open the RUN dialog box.
2. On the RUN Dialog box, type in winver and hit the Enter button.
3. This will open the About Windows Pop-up. You will find your Windows 11 edition there.
2) Check Windows 11 Edition via System Information
We will use the System Information tool of Windows 11 to check its edition on this method. Here are some of the simple steps you need to implement.
1. First, open the Windows 11 search and type in System Information. Open System Information app from the list.
2. Select the System Summary option on the left pane, as shown below.
3. On the Right pane, notice the OS Name section. The value field will show you the Windows 11 edition.
3) Find Windows 11 Edition via Settings
In this method, we will use the Windows 11 Settings app to know the Windows 11 edition. So here’s what you need to do.
1. First, click on the Windows Start button and select Settings.
2. On the Settings page, click on the System tab.
3. scroll down and click on the About section on the right pane.
4. You will find your Windows 11 edition on the Windows specifications.
4) Find Windows 11 edition via Powershell
Well, you can even use Windows Powershell to check your operating system’s edition. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First, open the Windows 11 search and type in Powershell. Right-click on Powershell and select Run as administrator.
2. On the Powershell Window, type in systeminfo and hit the Enter button.
3. You will find your Windows 11 edition behind the OS Name on Powershell.
5) Find Windows 11 Edition via CMD
Just like Powershell, you can use Windows 11’s Command Prompt utility to find its edition. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First, open the Windows 11 search and type in CMD. Right-click on the CMD and select Run as administrator.
2. On the Command Prompt Window, type in systeminfo and hit the Enter button.
3. You will find your Windows 11 edition behind the OS name on the CMD.
As mentioned above, it’s pretty easy to check Windows 11 edition. We have listed all possible ways to find the Windows 11 edition on a PC. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.