Let’s admit it: WhatsApp has always been the best communication app for Android & iPhone. Even though the WhatsApp desktop app is available for Windows & MacOS, the mobile apps are more popular.
If you have been reading the news regularly, you may know about the WhatsApp Channels feature. Recently, the instant messaging app got a feature called ‘Channels’ that provides users a simple, reliable & private way to receive important updates from people and organizations.
WhatsApp Channels are still very new, and many users still don’t know about it. Those who are unaware of the features are facing problems like ‘Create channels not showing on WhatsApp’. To end all confusion, we came up with this guide where we will discuss everything about the new WhatsApp Channels.
What are WhatsApp Channels?
WhatsApp Channels is a new feature that provides users with a simple, reliable & private way to receive important updates from people and organizations.
It’s different than WhatsApp groups as it’s mainly a broadcasting tool for admins to send texts, photos, videos, stickers, pools, etc., to the users. Channels on WhatsApp operate independently from the regular chats, and there’s a dedicated section for following different channels.
The most interesting thing that WhatsApp highlights is the privacy options. The private broadcast service starts by protecting the personal information of both admins & followers. For example, following a channel on WhatsApp won’t reveal your phone number to the admin or the follower.
Likewise, as a channel admin, your phone number & profile picture won’t be shown to the follower. So, basically, WhatsApp Channels provide you with a broadcasting service while maintaining user privacy.
How to Create WhatsApp Channels on iPhone & Android
Now that you know what WhatsApp Channels are, you may be eager to create one for yourself. Creating WhatsApp Channels is pretty easy, provided the feature has been rolled out to your location & account.
WhatsApp’s official blog clearly explained that WhatsApp Channels has begun rolling out but isn’t available to everyone yet. Even if WhatsApp Channels are available, you will gradually get the new features.
Some features, like the ability to create a new channel, might not be available to everyone at the moment. So, if your account can create a WhatsApp channel, follow the steps below.
How to Create a WhatsApp Channel on iPhone
Like Android, you can create a WhatsApp Channel even on your iPhone. Here are some simple steps to create a WhatsApp Channel on iPhone.
1. Update your WhatsApp app on your iPhone. Open the app & switch to the Updates tab.
2. On the Updates screen, tap the (+) and select Create Channel.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Get Started button.
4. Now, go through a series of onscreen prompts.
5. To finish creating your WhatsApp Channel, add a channel name. You can customize your channel later as well. Once done, tap on the Create Channel button.
That’s it! That’s how easy it is to create a WhatsApp Channel on iPhone. If you cannot create a new channel on WhatsApp for iPhone, you need to wait a few more weeks for the feature to arrive at your location/device.
How to Create a WhatsApp Channel on Android
Creating WhatsApp Channel on Android is super easy, provided you are using the latest version of the WhatsApp app. Follow some simple steps we have shared below to create a WhatsApp Channel on Android.
1. First, ensure you are using an up-to-date version of the WhatsApp app. Simply head to the Google Play Store & search for WhatsApp. Open the relevant app listing & tap on the Update.
2. Once the app has been updated, open it. Next, go to the Updates tab.
3. On the Updates, tap the (+), and select Create Channel.
4. On the next screen, tap on the Continue.
5. Now, you need to continue through the onscreen prompts.
6. Simply add the channel name to finish creating your channel.
7. Now, you will land on a screen asking you to customize your channel. Simply customize your channel by adding descriptions & icons. Finally, click on the Create Channel button.
8. Now you will be able to use the new Channel.
That’s it! This is how you can create a WhatsApp Channel on an Android smartphone. If you cannot find the option to create a channel on WhatsApp, wait a few more weeks for the feature to reach your location/device.
So, this guide is all about WhatsApp Channels – a private way to follow what matters. If the feature is available, you can create as many channels as you want. Let us know if you need more help creating WhatsApp channels on Android or iPhone.