Windows 10 introduced a new feature known as Action Center. Action Center is basically a notification center that lists all notifications. It lets you access some of the most common settings of Windows like Brightness, Night Light, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. On Windows 11, you get something known as Quick Settings, similar to the Action Center.
With Windows 11’s Quick Settings, users can easily manage common PC settings like adjusting the Volume, Brightness, Bluetooth, WiFi, Focus Settings, Accessibility Settings, and more. Although Quick Settings is of great use, it’s troubling many Windows users.
Some users have reported that the Pencil icon to edit the Quick Settings options is missing. Also, many have claimed that Windows 11 Quick Settings is not opening at all. So, if you are also facing issues related to Quick Settings on Windows 11, you are reading the right guide.
Steps to Add, Remove or Reset Quick Settings in Windows 11
In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to add, remove or reset Quick Settings in Windows 11. Let’s check out.
Add/Remove Quick Settings options on Windows 11
If you want to add new options to the Quick Settings on Windows 11, you need to follow this guide. Here’s how to add new options to the Windows 11 Quick Settings.
1. First of all open the Quick Settings panel on your Windows 11. You can press Windows + A key to open the panel.
2. At the bottom, click on the edit quick settings button (Pencil icon).
3. Next, click on the + Add button add new functions to the Quick Settings.
4. If you wish to remove a feature, click on the unpin option present at the top of each feature.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can add/remove new features in Windows 11 Quick Settings.
Fix Pencil Icon Missing in Windows 11 Quick Settings
As we have mentioned early in the post, many users have claimed that the Pencil button is not appearing in the Quick Settings panel. If you are also facing the same problem, you need to delete a Registry key. Here are the steps to follow.
1. First, press the Windows Key + R button to open the RUN dialog box. On the RUN dialog box, type in Regedit and hit the Enter button.
2. This will open the Registry Editor. Here you need to browse to the given path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Control Center\Unpinned
3. On the right panel, right-click on the Microsoft.QuickAction.Edit and select the Delete option.
After deleting the key, you need to restart your computer. After the restart, the Pencil button in Windows 11 quick settings should be visible again.
Reset Windows 11 Quick Settings
If you are still facing issues with Quick Settings, you need to reset the feature. Here’s what you need to do to reset Quick Settings in Windows 11.
1. First of all, open a Notepad on your Windows 11 computer.
2. On the Notepad, enter the following lines.
REG DELETE "HKCU\Control Panel\Quick Actions" /F
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
3. Click on the File option and select the Save As option.
4. On the Save as type box, save the file with a name and append the .bat file extension. For example, ResetQuickSettings.bat.
5. To reset Quick settings, right-click on the batch file and select the Run as Administrator option.
That’s it! You are done. Now restart your computer to apply the changes.
Quick Settings in Windows 11 is a great feature, and if you are facing issues, you need to follow these methods. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.