Learn how to Display a Message During Windows Startup using some registry settings that will allow you to add any text on your Windows startup screen. So follow the tutorial to proceed.
By default, the Windows doesn’t show up any kind of extra text or message other than the boot animations while startup and also there is no such option or settings inside windows through which changes could be made to the startup screen. If this is the case with the Windows operating system then why some of the company-owned PC displays some sort of message at the startup of the Windows? Is this due to the difference in the Windows that they are using or it is actually possible on Windows to display the message during Windows startup? The answer is simple and exact, the Windows they use is no different than yours and there is also no such direct option in their windows too to display the startup message. The message that is displayed on the startup screen is induced by some sort of method ad, not through any direct options or settings. If you are also willing to put in some kind of message to your Windows startup screen then just read up the whole of this article as here in this article we have written about that exact method which you could even apply easily to your computer and set up your own message at the startup of the Windows. Just go and read up the article now only!
Also Read: Best Driver Updating tools for Windows
How to Display a Message During Windows Startup
In this method, e are going to work with the Registry of the Windows and keep in mind that any misuse you make with it could lead to serious effects on your system. Be careful to apply the method step by step!
Steps to Display a Message During Windows Startup:
1. First, os all open up the Registry editor, this could be done by hitting the start button and then typing “regedit”. Press enter to open the Registry Editor and from there choose to grant the permissions to make up the changes to your PC.
2. Now while you are inside the Registry Editor window panel, use the left sidebar to navigate to the following key:
3. There would be the another right-hand pane on the registry editor window, from there you would see two values named “legalnoticecaption” and “legalnoticetext”. Double click the “legalnoticecaption” value to open its properties window. This value actually serves as the title of your message so just use your text in the value data field that you want to appear as the text message on your windows startup screen. Click OK after setting your text in this value field.
4. The “legalnoticetext” value is the whole message text under the title as by the “legalnoticecaption” and is placed below the title. You could either set up the message in the value data field of the properties panel or just leave the value blank so that the title only appears as the message. Click OK after setting your text in this value field.
5. Return to the desktop of your Windows and then restart the computer. After the restart, you could notice that there would be the text message appearing on the startup screen that you have set up before. If you wish to change or remove the message from appearing then just delete the text from the value data field of “legalnoticecaption” and “legalnoticetext” inside the registry editor again!
After reading up the above article you might have got about the method through which any Windows user could easily set up the custom message on the startup screen of the Windows. This method isn’t very advanced or very difficult but any moderate user of the computer could quickly apply this method and hence set up the custom startup message for Windows. If you also wish to add some message to the startup screen on your Windows then follow up the method from this article and apply it to your own!