Those days are gone when users relied on DVDs to install a new operating system. DVDs are outdated now, and more importantly, laptops and computers these days don’t have an optical disc drive. These days, you can install a new operating system via a USB drive.
Compared to DVDs, USB devices are portable and they are fast. Currently, plenty of bootable USB tools are available for Windows. You can use any of them to create a Windows installation media.
Microsoft also has a bootable USB tool for Windows 10 that is super reliable and easy to use. Microsoft’s bootable USB tool is known as the ‘Media Creation Tool,’ You can use it to upgrade an older version of Windows or create installation media (USB, DVD, or ISO file).
Complete Guide: Windows 10 Free Download Full Version 32 or 64 Bit ISO
What is Media Creation Tool?
Well, Media Creation Tool is a popular tool that downloads Windows 10 ISO files and creates bootable media in just a few simple steps. This is an official tool from Microsoft that’s right now used by millions of users. With the Media Creation Tool, you can perform two different things.
- Upgrade your computer
- Create a bootable media drive (USB or DVD).
Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Version 20H2
Hence, this article will share a detailed guide on how to use the Media Creation Tool on Windows 10 to upgrade the existing operating system. Let’s check out.
Download Media Creation Tool
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool for Version 2004
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool for Version 20H2
1. First of all, download the Media Creation Tool.
2. Once downloaded, run the Media Creation Tool on your system.
3. On the next page, click on the Accept button.
Download & Install Windows 10 Version 20H2
Windows 10 version 20H2 focus more and bugs and performance fix. It also has many software features like an improved Microsoft Edge browser, a more powerful Your Phone app, a clean start menu, and more. You can install Windows 10 version 20H2 via the Media Creation tool. Using the Upgrade PC option on the Media Creation Tool will most probably download and install the latest Windows 10 version 20H2.
Upgrading Your PC
After downloading the Media creation tool, run it on your computer. Following some simple steps, upgrade your PC via the Media creation tool.
1. Run the tool, and you will find two options on the next screen –
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create installation media.
2. If you want to upgrade the operating system, select the ‘Upgrade this PC’ option and click on ‘Next.’ On the next page, you will be asked whether you want to keep your files or erase everything. Select Keep all apps and files and click the ‘Next’ button.
3. Now, wait until the Media creation tool downloads the latest operating system. Once downloaded, you must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade process.
Create Installation Media (USB Flash Drive or ISO File)
If you want to create installation media, follow the steps. First of all, launch the Media Creation Tool on your PC. You will find two options there-
- Upgrade this PC
- Create Installation Media
To create an installation media, you must select the second option – Create Installation Media. Once selected, select the Language, Edition, and Architecture on the next page.
On the next screen, you will find two options.
- USB Flash Drive
- ISO File
To create a bootable USB, select the USB Flash Drive and click on ‘Next.’ Now, follow the on-screen instructions to create a bootable USB.
So, this article is all about Windows 10 Media creation tool. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.