PlayStation 4, or PS4, is a great home video game console developed by Sony, and it brings a wide range of new features to make your PS4 gaming experience better and smoother than before.
One of the greatest features of PlayStation 4 is the Rest Mode. If you don’t know, Rest Mode is a PS4 feature that is very similar to your computer’s sleep mode. When the PS4 is in rest mode, it enters the low-power state.
In the rest mode, your PS4 console still performs some useful functions. If you are someone who’s about to download a huge game and want to keep it turned on overnight, it’s best to download the games in Rest mode.
Download PlayStation 4 Games in Rest Mode
By default, the PS4 console won’t download games in the rest mode. Hence, you need to make a few changes to the PS4 settings to download PlayStation 4 Games in rest mode. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First of all, turn on your PS4 and navigate to Settings.
2. On Settings navigate to the Power Saving Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
3. On the Next screen, check the option ‘Stay Connected to the internet‘
That’s it! This is how you can download PlayStation 4 Games in rest mode.
How to Put PS4 in Rest Mode?
- Well, there are three different ways to put your PS4 in rest mode. Here are they.
- From the home screen, select Power > Enter Rest Mode.
- Hold the PS button on your game controller to launch Quick Menu. On the Quick Menu navigate to Power > Enter Rest Mode.
- Just tap on the Power Button on your PS4 until you hear a beep.
So, this guide is all about how to download PlayStation 4 games in rest mode. After making the above changes, if you leave a game downloading overnight while your PS4 is in rest mode, the game will continue downloading. If you need more help downloading PlayStation 4 Games in rest mode, let us know in the comments below.