Learn how to Encrypt Your iOS and Mac Backups using a cool trick that will help you to easily secure all your data in your backups by encrypting it that will not allow any other person to read it and modify it. So follow the tutorial below to proceed.
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]ill now you must have read our lots of guides related to MAC and iOS that includes all the tricks and tips that you need on your daily basis, And today we are here with an another cool trick that will help you to easily encrypt your backup in it to have some extra privacy.
The need for the backup of whole system data is a great necessity as nobody is sure about the stability of any system and the accidental damage could happen anytime to the system causing the loss of data. Mostly every user in this era is knowing about the value of data backup or the system backup. The operating systems are also integrated with the backup functionality so that the users can safeguard their whole valuable data. Among those operating systems with the backup facility, iOS and MacOS are also availing the same features with slightly more advanced control and safety. Apart from being the users are known for the security of the data through the backups, they certainly do not find it more important to encrypt those backups and further safeguard it from hackers. Encryption of the backups helps to prevent the backups from being hacked and pierced through by the evil minded people. For the iOS and Mac OS backups, there are the ways through which these could be encrypted and hence protected further. In this article, we have discussed the ay through which the backups of the iOS device in iTunes and MacOS device in Time Machine could be encrypted. Just go and follow up the article to know about the method and hence utilize it to make your backups safer!
Encryption of the backups helps to prevent the backups from being hacked and pierced through by the evil minded people. For the iOS and Mac OS backups, there are the ways through which these could be encrypted and hence protected further. In this article, we have discussed the ay through which the backups of the iOS device in iTunes and MacOS device in Time Machine could be encrypted. Just go and follow up the article to know about the method and hence utilize it to make your backups safer!
How to Encrypt Your iOS and Mac Backups
The method is quite simple and easy and you just need to follow simple methods that we had discussed right below and all these methods will help you to encrypt your data. And even a nontech person can implement this. So have a look at all the method discussed below.
#1 iOS Backup Encryption:
Let’s have a look at the method to secure your iOS backup by doing encryption on the backup using the iTunes. So follow the below steps to proceed.
1. On the Mac or PC where you usually backup your iOS device just launch up the iTunes.
2. Connect the iOS device to that Mac or PC and then proceed further for the next steps. Make sure that the connection is will based and there are no issues with that.
3. Now find the iDevice icon on the screen inside the iTunes. The icon will be placed near the music drop down on the top corner. Click on that icon and shift to the next step after that.
4. Under the backups box, you have to select the destination of the ios backups. Select your PC or MAC under that.
5. Select the another option named “Encrypt backup”. After that set, the password for your encryption and sry forward to make your encryption for the backup you are going to create for your ios.
#2 MacOS Encryption:
1. From the “other” folder from the Launchpad on Mac, launch the Time Machine.
2. Go to the Time Machine preferences from there and then select the destination folder for the backup you are going to create for your Mac. Now that the disk or the destination folder should be in contact with the Mac device unless the process may get stumbled.
3. Select the checkbox that is labeled as “Encrypt Backups“. Select the strong password for the encryption and then after your approval, the backup process will begin. Let it complete and you will be done after that. Use the password to access that backup whenever you will need it!
So this was the whole discussion on the topic and the method of encryption of the iOS and MacOS backups. From the article, you might have got that the procedure is quite simple to enable the encryption and after the success, the backups get much more secure. In case if you find any related steps from the method to be complex and confusing then you may contact us through the comment box. We shall be there to help you as techviral team is always available to assist you in any of your tech-related problems. Hope that you liked this article, for more articles like this please remain attached to us! You can also suggest us any of the topics you want us to explain.