There can be certain remote malware that can try to access your data and also can corrupt system files, so better is to remove them and stop their execution in your Windows 10 using the command prompt.
[dropcap]C[/dropcap]ommand prompt can be useful tool in scanning virus and malware that are running in the background, trying to establish a remote connection from our personal computers. So let me know you simple and easy steps on how to find, kill and delete a remote connecting malware using command prompt on Windows 10. So, when a malware is running in the background, it must establish a connection to the outside internet world. They also use a protocol like TCP or UDP to establish the internet connection and send our private information outside. Another important factor is that every process is assigned a PID(Process ID) in Windows. And here we will be discussing the way by which you can trace out and remove that activity in your windows PC. Yes its possible and can be easily done. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.’
Also Read: How To Remove Computer Viruses Using CMD
How To Find And Kill All Remote Connecting Malware On Windows 10
The method is quite simple and easy and can be easily done using the command prompt using a cool command. So follow up the steps below to proceed.
Also Read: How to Hide Drives with CMD
Steps To Find And Kill All Remote Connecting Malware On Windows 10:
- First of all you need to run command prompt as administrator by pressing windows button and then typing cmd and then right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Now Type “netstat -b -o 5” in your Command Prompt Screen.
- # netstat: The netstat is useful command for checking internet and network connections.
- # -b: This attribute displays the executable involved in creating each connection or listening port.
- # -o: This attribute displays the owning process id associated with each connection.
- # integer (i.e. 5) –An integer used to display results multiple times with specified number of seconds between displays. It continues until stopped by command ctrl+c.
3. Now open you Task Manager and go to the “Details” tab. Under the details tab, you can see the name, PID, status and some more information about the running applications.
4. You can also sort the PID by clicking on this tab at the top. Once the process IDs are sorted out, you can find the suspected PID there.
5. Right click on that particular PID and you can see many options out of which two important options for you are:-
- End Task
- Open file location
6. Do not click on “End Task” before opening the file location. So, first click on the “open file location” which will open the location of the suspected malware and then you can end that task.
7. In the file location, you can delete the malware and thats it you are done, now this shall view all the operating outgoing connection and stop them and with that you PC will become secure from the malicious threats.
So above discussion is all about How To Find And Kill All Remote Connecting Malware On Windows 10. Use this simple and easy method and you can easily get secure from all the malware that can leak out your private details and keep your privacy in danger. So try this out today, Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.