Well, if you know enough about the workings of the internet, you might be well aware of the DNS. DNS, or Domain Name System, is a database of domain names and IP Addresses. It was the DNS that matched the domain name with its IP address.
When you enter a URL on the web browser, the DNS server looks for the IP Address associated with the domain name. Once matched, it comments on the web server of the visiting site, and then the web page is loaded.
Usually, we use the DNS servers provided by the ISP. However, it’s always best to use the public ones. Public DNS servers like Google DNS, OpenDNS, etc., offer better speed and enhanced security features. Also, having the fastest DNS server results in better internet speed.
Yesterday, we shared an article discussing how to find the fastest DNS server for your PC. Today, we are going to discuss the same thing for Android. By following this method, you can easily find the fastest DNS server for your Android smartphone.
Steps to Find The Fastest DNS Server For Your Android
To find the fastest DNS server for Android, we need to use an app known as NetOptimizer. It’s one of the best internet speed optimizer apps available on the Play Store that can help you connect the fastest DNS server based on location. So, let’s check out how to find the fastest DNS server for your Android.
1. Download & install NetOptimizer on your Android.
2. Once downloaded, open the app and see a screen like the one below. Make sure to accept the Privacy & Policy.
3. You will see a short tutorial on how to use the app. You can go through the tutorial or tap on the ‘Skip tutorial’ option.
4. Now, you will see the main screen of the app.
5. Tap the DNS Scan button and then tap the Scan DNS option.
6. Wait for a few seconds until the app scans for the fastest DNS servers.
7. Once done, you will see a list of all DNS Servers. You need to select the one with low latency. The results were based on your location.
8. To set the DNS, tap the Use it button. It will ask you to grant the connection request (VPN). Grant permission.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can use NetOptimizer to find the fastest DNS server for your Android.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which DNS is the fastest for Android?
The fastest DNS for Android for you is the one with reduced latency. You can follow the method we have shared to pick the fastest DNS server based on your location and network.
Does private DNS improve Internet speed?
While DNS has no direct link with your internet speed, it can impact how fast webpages appear on your computer. Private DNS makes your web pages load faster. It won’t affect your download speed.
How to use 126.96.36.199 DNS on Android?
The 188.8.131.52 is a free, public DNS resolver from Cloudflare. It can make your searches faster and more secure. To set up the 184.108.40.206 DNS on Android, follow our guide – How to Setup Private DNS on Android.
Does private DNS reduce ping?
DNS has no direct link with the latency or Ping. DNS only affects while translating the name to IP Address. So, DNS does not influence the PING rate directly.
Can Private DNS block ads?
Yes, private DNS, like Adguard, can block ads from web pages. Not only are webpages once you set up Adguard dns on your device, but the DNS will also filter ads from apps and games that you install.
So, this article is about finding the fastest DNS server for your Android smartphone based on location & network. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also.