We all know very well that our Android device simply remembers the Wi-Fi connections that we have connected to, so that we do not need to re-enter our password every time we connect. As over time, the list of Wi-Fi connections grows and simply become a big list, so, this situation could simply pose a privacy problem.
How To Forget Saved WiFi Connections On Any Android Device
Our Android device simply remembers the Wi-Fi connections that we have connected to, so that we do not need to re-enter our password every time we connect. As over time, the list of Wi-Fi connections grows and simply become a big list, so, this situation could simply pose a privacy problem.
Whether you are worried that someone will see which Wi-Fi connections you have connected to, or if you are simply sure that you will not be able to connect to any of them, making Android forget a Wi-Fi connection is very simple and you have two ways to do it.
Forget the Wi-Fi to which you are connected
- If the network you want to forget is the one you are connected to at the moment, making it forget is very simple.
- First, you need to go to the list of Wi-Fi networks.
- Now from the Android settings, you need to go to Network and Internet and touch on the name of the Wi-Fi network.
- We can also open the settings from the quick notification panel, where simply we have to hold the Wi-Fi to activate or open the quick settings directly.
- Now in the list of Wi-Fi connections, make a long tap on the Wi-Fi network you are connected to, until the context menu appears.
- After that in it, simply choose the option Forget a network, which will simply disconnect you.
- Like this, you simply delete or remove the connection from your Android device.
- And if you want to reconnect, then you will simply need to enter the password again (if it is not a public network).
Forget other Wi-Fi connections
- However, if you want your Android device to forget other saved Wi-Fi connections, then the process is not so long and hard, as the process is quite similar.
- In this case, simply you need to go to Settings> Network and Internet and touch in the Wi-Fi section.
- Only the difference is that now you should go all the way down to the list of Wi-Fi connections, where you should see the saved networks.
- Now simply tap on it and you will see all the connections that the system remembers.
- Tap one of them to see information and then simply tap on Forget to remove or delete it.
However, keep one thing in mind that the settings section may vary or change from one version to another and from one manufacturer to another. So, it is possible that the menu is in another place or under another name. But, the fact is that whatever your motive is, it is very simple to do so, of course, I am talking about the process of removing saved Wi-Fi connections from any Android device. So, what do you think about this? Simply share all your views and thoughts in the comment section below. And if you liked this tutorial then simply do not forget to share this tutorial with your friends and family.