Restrict apps to prevent your private data from getting illegally accessed from your android by managing their permissions.
In Android, when you install apps from Google Play Store, you particularly accept all the permissions that the app requires to access services on your android. But there are lots of apps that just require these permissions to access your private data, and they can also work as a keylogger, so it is better to manage their permissions, and you can easily handle them according to your wish and also restrict all those unofficial apps that you think are having extra permissions than their need.
So here we have a method by which you can easily manage the permissions of apps on your android device. So have a look at the complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Also Read: Best Hidden Android Secret Codes
How To Restrict App Permissions On Android
For this method, we have two different ways that users can use according to their device: one method will work on rooted android and another on nonrooted android. And you can use any of them as you desire.
The method for rooted android is an advanced way of managing permission in which you can manage each and every permission. So have a look at all these methods discussed below to proceed.
- First, you need a rooted android as the Xposed installer can only be installed in a rooted android, so Root your android to proceed.
- After rooting your android device, you have to install the Xposed installer on your android, and it is quite a lengthy process, so you can proceed with our Guide to Install Xposed Installer On Android.
- Now, after installing the Xposed installer on your android, you need to download its module, Xprivacy.
- Now launch the app and activate it in the Xposed installer. Now you will see the list of all the apps you have installed on your android device.
- Now you will have the complete privilege to access all their permissions and manage them according to your need, which you can easily do.
Restrict App Permission On Non-Rooted Android:
- First of all, on your android device, download and install the app App Permission Manager.
- Now launch the app, and then you will see the list of all the apps you have installed.
- Now tap on the app you want to manage permission, and you will see the list of permissions that the app is using on your device.
- Now edit them all according to your wish, and that’s it, and you are done.
So above are the discussed ways for rooted and nonrooted android to restrict app permission in your android device, and with it, you can ensure your privacy and secure your data from being illegally accessed by certain apps.
We hope that you liked this cool solution, do share this with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries regarding this.