Rooting an android device is now become a very common process, lots of android user had tried this out and rooted their android device, As this give the admin access of their android device and with that they are capable of performing lots of cool tweaks and tricks in their android device. And first thing to do after you root your android device is trying out lots of cool apps that run on your non rooted android. But many of the beginners don’t know that this can lead to brick of android device. And the only thing that can save your android device to come back to initial stage is the nandroid backup, but this can only be done if you have custom recovery in your android device. So in this guide we will be discussing on the same, that is the method to install custom recovery on your rooted android device. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
The most important thing to do after rooting android device is installing the custom recovery. As this is the safeguard of rooted android as from it you can easily cure back your android device if it got brick. Checkout the method to install it on your device.
How To Install Custom Recovery On Android
Actually the method for getting the custom recovery on many of android devices are different and that is why we are discussing the three most used method that probably install custom recovery on any of your android device. So have a look on all these methods below.
Benefits of Custom Recovery In Android:
- With custom recovery you can easily take backup of your nandroid or say the current ROM which can be easily restored to revert back the android to that state, even if device got brick.
- You can flash out lots of custom ROMs and many more system zip files of the updates and the patches and tweaks.
#1 Method: Installing CWM recovery Using ROM Manager Tool
This is one of the most commonly used method and i also the one of the best and safe to get the Clock Work Mod recovery om your android device. So follow the below steps to proceed.
- First of all download and install the ROM manager app in your android device.
- Now launch the app and then tap on Recovery Setup and then select ClockworkMod Recovery under Install or Update Recovery option.
- Now simply confirm your device and on next screen simply tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Noe the app will start downloading the recovery from internet and then ask you for the Superuser access simply grant the access.
- Now you need to come back to ROM Manager main screen and then tap on Reboot into Recovery option there.
- Now the device will get boot into the Clockwork mod recovery.
#2 Method: Installing TWRP recovery Using GooManager Tool
This is the another that you can use to have the custom recovery on your android. And i only prefer this method is the above method not works for you as some of the advance user like me prefer to use the CWM rather to go for TWRP. So follow the below steps.
- Firstly download and install the app GooManager in your rooted android device.
- Now open the GooManager app and then click on Menu button there and then tap on Install OpenRecoveryScript from the pop-up menu.
- Now you simple need to confirm your action by following up the screen instruction.
- Now from the list select out the right device.
- Now the app will then start downloading an .img file of TWRP and install it on your device.
- After the process is complete simply reboot in recovery and you will see custom Recovery being installed on your device.
#3 Method: Installing Custom Recovery On MTK devices Using Mobile Uncle Tool
This is one of the cool and easy way to get the custom recovery and personally used by me many times in many of my MTK devices. So follow the steps to proceed with this method.
- Firstly in your rooted android download and install the app Mobile Uncle Tools.
- Now launch the app and then select install Custom Recovery.
- Now the app will search for the img file that compatible with your device and will show you, you just need to click on the that.
- Downloading of the img file will start and when its completed simply click on it and your device will get rebooted and the custom recovery will get flashed on your device.
So above guide was all about How To Install Custom Recovery On Android. Above we discussed all the possible ways that you can use to install the custom recovery on your rooted android to try out lots of cool things with that. Hope you like this, do share with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.