After announcing the latest operating system for iPhones, iOS 17, at its WWDC event in June, Apple is finally set to roll out its stable version for public download globally today, September 18.
What Time Will iOS 17 Arrive?
Although Apple hasn’t announced a release time for iOS 17, the Cupertino-based tech giant usually works on Pacific Daylight Time (PDT), which means it could release its updates around 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time or 1 p.m. EDT (Eastern Daylight Time).
The highly-anticipated release timings for iOS 17 for various time zones around the world would be as follows:
- Alaska: 09:00 a.m. AKDT
- Australia (Northern Territory): 02:30 a.m. ACST (Tuesday, September 19)
- Australia: 3:00 a.m. AEST (Tuesday, September 19)
- Belgium: 07:00 p.m. CEST
- Brazil: 02:00 p.m. BRT
- Canada: 1:00 p.m. EDT
- China: 1:00 a.m. CST (Tuesday, September 19)
- France: 07:oo p.m. PDT
- Germany: 07:00 p.m. CEST
- India: 10:30 p.m. IST
- Japan: 2:00 a.m. (Tuesday, September 19)
- Russia: 8:00 p.m. MSK
- Singapore: 01:00 a.m. GST (Tuesday, September 19)
- South Africa: 07:00 p.m. SAST
- United Arab Emirates: 9:00 p.m. GST
- United Kingdom: 06:30 p.m. BST
- United States: 10:00 a.m. PST
If your country is missing from the above list, you can head over to the timeanddate website to see the complete list of regions to know the iOS 17 release timings.
Are you excited to install iOS 17 on your iPhones? Check out the below list of iPhone models that are compatible with iOS 17:
iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone SE (2nd generation or later), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Besides the above iPhone models, the recently released iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max models come with iOS 17 out of the box.
How To Check Out iOS 17 Rollout
Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check if the iOS 17 software update is available for download and installation on your compatible iPhone.
iOS 17’s New Features
With iOS 17, Apple brings a wide range of new iPhone features and changes that upgrade communications and enrich user experience. Here are its standout features:
1. StandBy Mode: StandBy offers users a full-screen experience with glanceable information on a charging iPhone, including time, upcoming events, favorite photos, latest weather updates, music playback controls, and widgets.
2. NameDrop: NameDrop will allow users to easily share contact information by simply bringing their iPhones together or by bringing an iPhone and Apple Watch together.
3. Contact Posters: iOS 17 introduces customizable Contact Posters to the Phone app, providing a new way for users to express themselves. They can customize how they appear when they receive an incoming call. Also, Live Voicemail and muting unknown callers will be rolled out in select regions.
4. FaceTime’s New Update: FaceTime now supports audio and video messages, so when users call someone who is unavailable, they can share a message that can be enjoyed later. iOS 17 also adds the ability to start FaceTime calls on Apple TV and 3D video effects.
5. New Widgets: iOS 17 will allow users to add widgets that can interact with the lock screen and home screen irrespective of whether they belong to Apple’s suite of services or third-party apps.