Learn to learn the cool way to Keep Your Application Window “Always on Top” in MAC which is very easy to implement by just following some simple steps that we had discussed just right below.
[dropcap]I[/dropcap]n Linux Distros, there is one amazing feature preinstalled or integrated within the Operating System only and that feature is the Always on Top windows. What that feature does exactly is it puts forward the selected or pinned Windows and places that on the top of rest of other opened windows. This great feature helps lots the users to remain working on their selected window or application opened without being disturbed by any other notifications, apps or any prompts arising above that working window screen. This feature is available in the Linux by default but considering the MacOS this function isn’t yet available! That’s what? MacOS is the premium OS while the Linux is Open Source platform then how could the MacOS miss such a capable function. The MacOS has actually missed the function of Always on Top but that won’t affect the quality of the MacOS as the same feature could easily be induced inside the MacOS just by some sort of method. Here in this article, we have written about the method through which the Always on Top feature could be made available on the Mac devices. Just go and read up on this article for knowing that method!
How to Keep Your Application Window “Always on Top” in Mac
The method is quite easy and you just need to follow the simple step by step guide that we had discussed just right below.
Steps to Keep Your Application Window “Always on Top” in MAC:
1. First of all, go to the muySIMBL’s Github page and then download the latest version of mySIMBL from there. As we are going to work on such method that requires the mySIMBL on your device so just install this up and you cannot skip this step. Extract the “mySIMBL_master.zip” file that you download from the above website and then look for the mySIMBL app there inside.
2. Double click on the app inside the zip file to run it and then click on the “Move to applications folder” option from the pop-up window that appears thereafter. Another popup would appear on the screen of your Mac computer asking you to update/install SIMBL. Click on the Install option from there to simply install the SIMBL.
3. In case the SIMBL won’t install on your device, disable the System Integrity Protection and run the installation again. For that first of all reboot your Mac and then at the startup press and hold “Command + R” keys until Apple logo appears. Once you are logged into the Recovery Mode then click on the Utilities>Terminal. Type the command “csrutil disable” and press enter. Reboot your Mac again after that.
To re-enable it use the command “csrutil enable” in the terminal inside recovery mode.
4. Go to the Github page and download the Whole of the Afloat repository from there. Extract the zip file that you downloaded and then open the f0lder in the Finder. Navigate to the “bundle” folder, from the two files “Afloat.bundle” and “SIMBLE-0.9.9.pkg” drag and drop the “Afloat.bundle” file to the mySIMBL app Window. Just ensure here that the Afloat appears in the mySIMBL Plugins window and there is a green dot next to it! Restart your Mac after that.
5. Inside the Afloat app surf to the Window option and then in the list menu choose Keep Afloat option ad to click on it. The Always on Top functionality would be then enabled on the Mac. Some of the apps would not support the function because the feature could work only with the SIMBL compatible apps.
So this was the method by which users os MacOS could also be able to access the Always on Top feature and hence set up this feature for the important windows and panels which are required to be not disturbed and placed below any other open window while working. Hope you would have liked this method and also tried it up, we would love to see your reviews about the method in the comments!