We’re pretty sure almost everyone reading this article knows what WhatsApp does. Being the most used instant messaging app, WhatsApp is right now used by millions of users.
The instant messaging app for Android/iOS lets you send messages, photos, videos, etc., on the platform. Also, you can share other files types as well, like PDFs, DOC files, make voice/video calls, etc.
If you have been using WhatsApp for a while, you might have noticed that you can’t send messages to any number without saving them on your device. However, in certain situations, users might want to chat with someone without saving the contact.
However, if you are using the mobile app of WhatsApp, there’s no direct option to send a message to a number that’s not saved. So, in such a case, you need to use WhatsApp’s Click to chat feature in a web browser.
Send Message to Someone on WhatsApp Without Saving Number
Also, you can use this feature on both desktop and mobile web browsers. So, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to message someone on WhatsApp without saving them as a contact. Let’s check out.
Important: You can only message a person who has an active WhatsApp account. So, if the receiver is not connected to WhatsApp, they won’t receive the messages.
1. First of all, open your favorite web browser. Here we have used a desktop browser to demonstrate the process. You need to implement the same on your mobile browser as well.
2. Now, on your web browser, visit this webpage.
Necessary: Replace the phone number with the mobile number you want to chat. For example, https://wa.me/919123456789. Make sure to include the country code as well.
3. On the landing page, you will see a screen like below. Here you need to click on the Continue to Chat button.
4. Now, you will be asked to install WhatsApp or use the WhatsApp web version. If you are using a mobile web browser, you will see a prompt to open chat in WhatsApp.
5. Now, you will be redirected to the WhatsApp chat page. Here you can start chatting with the number you entered.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can message someone on WhatsApp without saving them as a contact.
WhatsApp’s click to chat feature is of great use as it lets you chat without someone without having their phone number saved in your contact list. The method shared above works on both your smartphone and WhatsApp web. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also.