The method by which you can deactivate your truecaller account and remove your number from their services
How to Remove Your Number From Truecaller
True Caller is the most popular app when it comes to search anonymous number or getting details from any mobile number. The procedure by which True Caller provides details of the number is very simple, it just crowd-sources contact details from its all users, hence making it easier for you to find the details of number. However, sometimes you are not able to get any details of the number, one reason is that the number which you are trying to search is isn’t saved in any truecaller user’s device.
True-caller acts as a life savior sometimes but it has some disadvantages too. As we know that TrueCaller lists landline phones also, but it also shows its address. However, sometimes you don’t want any stranger to know your address but he/she is easily able to find the address because of truecaller. This is due to Truecaller’s sourcing of data from public sources. If any person is knowing your landline number, he/she is able to find its registered address because many telecom providers have this information public.
As discussed above some disadvantages of TrueCaller App, so you should remove your number for your own security. You have to deactivate your number on TrueCaller App.
Here we will discuss ways to remove your number from TrueCaller Android, iOS and Windows App. You just have to deactivate your number.
Steps to deactivate your number in iPhone
- First of all you need to open the truecaller app
- Tap on the Me Section in the lower right corner
- After that Tap on the Gear icon in the top right corner
- Click on About Truecaller
- Scroll Down and select Deactivate Account
Steps to deactivate your number in Android Phone
- First of all open the App
- Then Tap on the people icon in the top left corner
- Select Settings
- You will see about option there, click on it
- Then Click on Deactivate Account
Steps to deactivate your number in Windows Phone
- First of all open the app and Tap on three dots which is present in the bottom right corner
- Then Click on Settings and then Help
- Deactivate your account
If you deactivated your account, you can also remove your number from TrueCaller. Follow the steps below in order to remove your account from TrueCaller.
Remove your number from TrueCaller
- First of all click go to Truecaller unlist page.
- Enter your mobile number with proper country code.
- Select one of the reason for unlisting your number.
- Now you need to key in the verification captcha.
- And then click on Unlist
That’s all and your number will be removed within 24 hours as claimed by the Truecaller. We hope that you loved this article, feel free to share this with your friends. If you any queries regarding this, you are welcomed to leave your question in below comment section