Recently, Apple has announced the latest version iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2. It brings new features and fixes for the devices.
One of the features that is introduced with the new update is Security Lockout Mode. This feature allows the user to reset and erase the date of the locked iPhone or iPad. And the main thing is, you don’t need to connect the device to a PC or Mac.
The Security Lockout Mode can be used only when the user fails to enter the password on iPhone or iPad after trying several times. You must connect the device to a cellular or Wifi network to reset.
Reset your Locked iPhone, iPad Using Security Lockout Mode
When users forget their passcode, they can use their Apple ID and password to reset and erase the device. The iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 version brings a new “Erase Device” option that helps you to delete all data and reset the device.
Till now, the users can reset their locked iPhone and iPad only after connecting it to a PC or Mac. Now, Apple has brought an easy way to erase and reset the locked devices.
This new feature was first noticed by 9to5Mac. On Apple’s support page, all the details are available that will help users reset the iPhone and iPad if they forgot their passcode.
However, strangers can’t reset the device as the user needs to enter their Apple ID and password to start the process.
How to Reset iPhone or iPad Without Connecting it to PC or Mac?
Before you reset the device, you need to make sure:
- Your device is running on iOS 15.2 or iPadOS 15.2
- The device needs to be connected to a wifi or cellular network
- Your Apple ID and password will be needed to set up your device.
Now, follow the steps to reset your iOS device.
- Try to enter the passcode of your device until it asks you to try again later.
- Repeat this step until it shows Erase [device] option at the bottom of the screen
- Click on Erase option and confirm
- Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your ID from your device
- Tap on Erase to permanently delete all the data and settings
- The device will restart, then follow the onscreen instructions to set up your device, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new passcode.
Do remember, once you use the Security Lockout mode, all of your data from your iPhone or iPad will be completely erased.