It is common for a user to lose or misplace their Android smartphone. It’s a common occurrence and can happen to anyone. Let’s admit it, we all have gone through such situations where we misplaced our smartphone and can’t find it.
You can ring your phone to find where your phone is kept, but what if your phone is in silent mode? If your phone is silent, the call won’t ring, making it even more difficult to locate a missing smartphone.
Fortunately, Android provides you an option to locate your smartphone that’s kept on silent mode. Even if your phone is in silent mode, the workaround we found will ring your phone at full volume for about 5 minutes.
Hence, you are reading the right guide if you are looking for ways to find missing Android phones when in silent mode. Below, we have shared a step-by-step guide on finding and ringing your Android phone, even if it’s on Silent Mode. Let’s check out.
Using Find My Device
Well, Find My Device is an Android app backed by Google. The app comes built-in on most Android smartphones, mainly used to track a lost or stolen smartphone.
Find My Device has a feature that plays sound on your phone even if it’s kept in silent mode. When you use the ‘Play Sound’ feature of Google’s Find My Device app, your Android device will ring for 5 minutes, even if set to silent.
Locate and Ring Android Phone When in Silent Mode
Before following the steps, please note that you should enable the Find My Device app on your Android device beforehand. So, follow the method only if Find My Device Service and GPS are enabled on your missing smartphone.
1. First of all, open your favorite web browser on your computer and visit the site: https://www.google.com/android/find
2. You can also use a mobile web browser to access the Find my Device service, but it’s recommended to use a desktop.
3. Now, on the main screen of Google Find My Device, select the device you want to locate and ring.
4. If the GPS feature is enabled on your missing smartphone, it will appear on the screen. On the right side, you can see your phone’s location.
5. If your phone is nearby, you need to click on the Play Sound button.
6. Your missing device will ring for 5 minutes, even if set to silent. You can ring your phone multiple times.
That’s it! This is how you can find an Android phone on silent.
So, this guide is all about ringing an Android phone in silent mode. You can use this method to find your missing Android devices. If you need more help related to Google’s Find my Device, let us know in the comments below.