In case, if you are having both Mac and Windows PC running different OS and you want to share your files either from Mac to your PC or vice versa then you might have ended with nothing left behind but just no transfer or very slow transfer either through external drives. So learn the method to transfer files wirelessly.
[dropcap]Y[/dropcap]ou could also need to share your files or data with your friend’s PC or Mac and you might be using the alter device so there you cannot go with the Bluetooth as you might want some kind of fast and reliable transferring system. To solve the sharing issue between the different OS, there have been some methods invented through which you can actually transfer your files wirelessly between PC and Mac. In this article, we have written about the best method with which you can actually share your files between PC and Mac and hence do that all at high speeds. Go through the article that is given below to know more about the method.
How to Share Files Between Mac and Windows PC
The method is quite simple and easy and you just need to follow some simple step by step guide to easily share files between Mac and Windows PC.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Encryption Software For Windows
Steps to Share Files Between Mac and Windows PC:
1. The very first thing that you will have to do while sharing files between Mac and PC is holding down the command key on your Mac and simultaneously pressing the space bar to open up the spotlight.
2. Now you have to type in “Sharing” in the search box and then find up the sharing system preferences from there and go for it.
3. Here you would be able to see an option named “File sharing” clipped with a checkbox that enables or disables it. Check mark that checkbox so as to enable the File Sharing feature. Using the + sign under the shared folder box, choose the folders that you wish to share with the PC or the Windows Computer.
4. Set up the permissions for the shared files on your Mac in the next panel and after that, all check up the user account that you would like to share with the Windows computers where it says Windows File sharing. You shall be asked to fill up your password for the selected account and that’s all you will have to do with the settings.
5. At last just select the type of sharing between Mac and Pc and then click on the “Done” button, that will save all your settings that you have made using the above steps. You can see your shared directory of the Mac on the Windows computer that you can access if the both PC and Mac are connected to the same local network.
So above discussion is all about How to Share Files Between Mac and Windows PC. So that was the easy method that can be used every time you want to share your files between PC and Mac and at high speeds through the wireless transfers. You just have to follow up the above method written in this article so as to get a sharp technique that you can use everytime you create a new transfer of files between PC and Mac.