URL sniffing is a kind of word that may relate to the extensive technical methods that require lots of knowledge. But in true essence, it is the easiest technique that may help you to recognize the type of data that is being shared from your device to the network.
Every smartphone user should know about the Sniffing URLs as it helps to identify any excessive data loss by the apps or features. In some cases, it should be done preferably, like when you are finding the reason for unexplained data loss.
On the technical side, a pro user can capture packets to get streaming links of a stream, download links, etc. Whatever it could be, it’s pretty easy to sniff URLs or Capture network packets on Android.
Sniff URLs or Capture Network Packets on Android
Hence, this guide will share some simple steps to sniff URLs or capture network packets on Android without root access. Let’s get started.
1. First, install the Packet Capture App for Android.
2. On the first time you open the app, you will be asked or prompted to install the SSL certificate. Proceed to the installation by clicking on the Install Certificate button from the prompt message. Further, proceed to the main app by naming your certificate. After these few steps, you will step to the main app, inside which we will be working to sniff URLs.
3. On landing inside the main app, you will see options on the above bar, and one Triangle (green) icon will be placed there. Your work is to click on this Triangle (green) icon.
4. This will start the data packet capturing on the device. It will now run in the background to recognize and imprint every packet transferred through your device. In this way, it will capture the app’s data, functions processing data, etc.
5. Finally, to grasp the whole details about the survey taken by the ongoing data packet capturing, tap on the Red block icon. Now you will see a file containing each information regarding the data usage by any apps or functions inside the device.
That’s it! This is how you can sniff URLs or capture network packets on Android without root access.
So, this is all about how to capture network packets on Android without root access. If you need more help in sniffing URLs on Android, let us know in the comments below.