With this conventional form of phishing technique i.e Tab napping, the hackers replace any of your browser tab content pages with similar looking fake ad spy content page through using the information that they get through these spy web pages or tabs in your browser hackers. These can hack your accounts, social media network etc. You might be very well knowing about the ways how to detect and protect yourself from the phishing techniques but as the tab napping is a new technique so mostly people might be unknown of the ways through which they can protect their accounts from these methods. Here in this article, we have written the best practices and tricks that you can actually use to protect yourself from the Tab napping hacking techniques.
Tab Napping is a new kind of hacking technique that is similar to the phishing technique by which the hackers can gain certain information from the victims by making them fool, hence they provide that information unknowingly. Let’s see the guide to stay protected from it.
Also Read: How To Secure your Android From Hackers
How To Stay Protected From Tab Napping
There are some steps that you can follow on the regular basis so as to prevent the tab napping attack, these steps are given below.
Steps To Stay Protected From Tab Napping:
1. Check the URL in the address bar of your browser every time you go to any login page, if the URL looks abnormal then it should have to be then you should get alert as it could be the tab napping attack and you could possibly give up your account information to the hackers if you fill them up on that login page.
2. Check the address bar for the Http//: sign that should be there before the link and it should be checked even if you are not working on different tabs but only on the single tab of the browser. This signifies that the link that you are going to access is safe and secure and won’t go outside of the network to some other servers.
3. If you find the opened tabs in the browser misbehave in any way after you shift to them after some time then you should consider to close and reopen it with your same link. This could be the sign of tab napping attack, so you should try to be secure by doing that.
4. Don’t tend to use multiple tabs in the browser every time and not at all if you are surfing any most important websites like bank websites, login pages etc. This could help you to remain safe and secure at the highest levels, tab napping attacks could not take place at all.
5. Do not work on the tabs that are regenerated by the browser itself after you access them after the short lapse. These could also be possibly the tab napping attacks and to maintain the highest security always while browsing, you should prefer to ignore that regeneration by the browser and open that link again.
So above discussion was all about Tab Napping & How To Stay Protected From It. These were the all possible ways and methods that you can follow in your regular browsing times and therefore you can easily protect your accounts, data from being hacked by the tab napping method. Although these methods can be predicted to make your data safe at most but still as the technique is not checked thoroughly for its actions, therefore, there can be a added risk factor even after you are applying all the above ways.