Windows is the best and most popular desktop operating system right now. Compared to every other desktop operating system, Windows offers more features and options. Few would know, but Windows 10/11 also has built-in location services that share your location with specific apps.
Microsoft shares your location information with other apps to provide a better app and desktop experience. Location service is of great use, especially if you love to travel or use services that rely on on-location services. However, for many, it could be a great privacy concern.
The good thing is that Microsoft allows users to enable/disable location services on Windows 10. Even if you don’t want to disable the feature completely, you can choose which apps can access your precise location in Windows 10.
How to Turn Off Location Access in Windows 10/11
In this article, we will share a detailed guide on how to turn off location access on Windows 10/11. Let’s check out.
1. First, press the Windows key and click Settings.
2. On the Settings page, click on the Privacy option.
3. On the left-hand side pane, select Location.
4. Now, on the right-hand side pane, click on the Change button under the Location for this device is on option.
5. Now, use the toggle button to disable the location service.
6. If you don’t want to disable the location service but want to blacklist a few apps from using location services, then scroll down and find the option Choose which apps can access your precise location.
7. Now, you need to choose which apps can access your precise location.
8. You can also restrict desktop apps from accessing your location. Use the toggle button to disable the Allow desktop apps to access your location option.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can turn off location access on Windows 10.
How to Disable Location Access on Windows 11
The steps to disable location access on Windows 11 slightly differ due to the user interface change. Here’s how you can disable location access on Windows 11.
1. Click on the Windows 11 Start button and select Settings.
2. When the Settings app opens, switch to Privacy & Security.
3. On the right side, scroll down to the location. Click on the Location section under the App Permissions.
4. Next, turn off the toggle for Location Services.
That’s it! This is how you can disable location access on a Windows 11 computer.
So, this article is about disabling location access on Windows 10/11. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts, let us know in the comment box below.