A few days ago, we shared a detailed guide on disabling location tracking on Windows 11. Today, we will discuss disabling location tracking on an Android device. Just like Windows devices, Android also tracks your location for various purposes.
With location tracking, the apps that rely on GPS functionality show you accurate information. Apps like GPS Navigation, Maps, Weather, news, etc., use your location details to provide relevant information.
Unlike Windows, disabling location tracking on Android is pretty simple; you need to disable the GPS functionality of your smartphone. Additionally, you can disable the location tracking in your Google Account.
2 Ways to Turn off Location Tracking on Android Device
If you take privacy very seriously, you may even want to disable the Google location tracking on your Android device. Hence, this article will share a step-by-step guide on altogether disabling location tracking on Android. Let’s check out.
1) How to Turn off Location tracking
In this method, we will disable the location (GPS) feature of our Android to disable the location tracking. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First of all, open your Android app drawer and select Settings.
2. On the Settings app, scroll down and tap on the Location.
3. On the next screen, turn off the toggle for Location.
4. Alternative, you can pull down the notification panel and turn off the GPS functionality. This will also disable the location tracking.
That’s it! You are done. This will disable the location tracking on an Android smartphone.
2. How to Turn off Google Location Tracking
Since we use many Google Services on our Android, it becomes important to stop Google and other services from tracking your location. Here’s how to disable Google Location tracking on Android Device.
1. First, open the Settings app on your Android and tap on the Google option.
2. On the Google Account page, tap on the Manage your Google Account option as shown below.
3. Next, switch to the Data and privacy tab below.
4. Now, scroll down and tap on the Location History option.
5. On the next screen, turn off the Location History option.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can stop Google from tracking your Android’s location.
The above two methods will help you disable location tracking on your Android smartphone. If you wish to disable the location tracking on your Windows 11 operating system, follow our guide –
So, these are the two best methods to disable location tracking on an Android smartphone. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.