Here’s good news for all the Apple Mac users waiting for the latest operating system, macOS big Sur. Recently, there was an event held by Apple, “One More Thing.” At this event, Apple has announced three new Macbook models powered by Apple’s own processor M1 SoC.
In the “One More Thing” event, Apple announced the latest operating system, macOS Big Sur. At that time, the company said, the latest next-gen OS will be available for all the compatible Mac from November 12. So, now the macOS Big Sur is available for download.
macOS Big Sur is Now Available for Upgrading
If you want to upgrade your macOS to macOS Big Sur, we are with all the details. Check out the steps below and upgrade your macOS to macOS Big Sur.
For all the Mac users, this latest software release is essential, as it enables the support for Apple Silicon-based Macs even the newly launched Macbooks. The latest version of the OS also supports universal apps designed to run the new Apple Silicon and Intel x86 based Macs. Apple has confirmed that Big Sur will support iPadOS and iOS apps.
macOS Big Sur has got many changes like updated Safari, new Messages, new design, Mail apps, new widgets, and much more.
How to Upgrade macOS to macOS Big Sur?
As of now, the stable or the official version is available. You can upgrade your device to the latest macOS Big Sur. Follow the steps and upgrade your device.
- First of all, open your Mac device and click on the Apple logo on the top-left corner.
- From the list, click on the About the Mac option.
- You will see a pop-up window of macOS Catalina.
- From the two options, click on Software Update.
- Then in the next window, you will see macOS Big Sur OS.
- Click on the Upgrade Now option.
- macOS Big Sur will start downloading.
Once the process is done, your Mac will be updated with macOS Big Sur.
So, this is how you can upgrade to macOS Big Sur.
macOS Big Sur Compatible Devices
As macOS Big Sur is not compatible with all the devices, check out if your device is compatible or not. Here is the list of devices that are compatible with Big Sur.
- Newly Macbook Pro
- MacBook Air
- Mac Mini
- MacBook (2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (late 2013 and later)
- MacBook Pro (late 2013 and later)
- Mac Mini (2014 and later)
- iMac (2014 and later)
- iMac Pro (2017 and later)
- Mac Pro (2013 and later).
So this is how you can upgrade to Apple’s latest OS, macOS Big Sur. We have also provided a list of compatible devices, so it will be easy for you to check whether your device is supporting Big Sur OS or not.