If you want to add a user to your Ubuntu server and you don’t know the method then this guide will help you to easily add a user to the server and also the deletion process if you want to do so.
[dropcap]Y[/dropcap]ou might want to know about the method by which you can also add users to your Ubuntu server for some reason and while doing this is not a single click method but you will have to follow up some different techniques. Here in this article, we have discussed the two different methods to add the users in Ubuntu server. Both these methods are simple and easy to apply and you won’t need any advance knowledge about the computer or networking but you just need to know about some basic surfing techniques. Just follow the article given below to know about the method by which you can also add users to the Ubuntu server.
How to Add Users in Ubuntu Server
The method is quite simple and easy and you just need to follow some simple step by step guide to add the users on your Ubuntu server.
Also Read: How to Run Linux Bash on Windows 10
Steps To Add Users in Ubuntu Server:
1. By default, if you create a new server on your Linux then you are only given the ‘root’ account by default but still if you want to add up some more users, you can do that by signing into that root account and then typing the command: “add user new user“. Note that you can rewrite the command with your desired username in place of newuser in the command.
2. Now if you have been signed in as a non-root user and has gained the studio privileges then you have to keep in mind that you cannot go with the same command and you will have to run the different command i.e “sudo adduser newuser“. Same like the previous command you can rewrite the command with your desired username in place of new user.
3. After you type and enter these commands in your Ubuntu then you will be asked for some series of questions that will include the following:
#Assign and confirm password for the new user (You will have to fill that)
#Addition information will be asked of the new user that would help you in time of emergency etc.
#Now you will be asked to confirm the whole provided information as true and to do that you have to type “Y” and then continue further.
Steps For Deleting User:
Now there could be a need to delete the user and you can do that all by following the steps below:
1. First of all, you will have to sign in as ‘root’ user and then type up the simple command : “deluser newuser“. There should be the name of the user in place of newuser in the command that you actually want to delete.
2. Now if you want to delete the user using the non-root user access then you can follow the below command in the sudo privileges: “sudo deluser newuser“. Same like the previous command you can rewrite the command with your desired username in place of newuser.
The things that you will have to keep in mind is that the users that you delete won’t delete their data or files but only the particular access path.
So at the end of the article, we will only say that if you has read this article carefully then you may be able to easily add, delete users on the Ubuntu server. And for all that you shall be using up some commands only that are very easy to implement in the terminal of the Ubuntu. You can go step by step as stated in the article and get you can perform the particular tasks exactly like adding users to the Ubuntu servers or deleting them from it.