Another video of exploding Samsung phone is going viral in social media. This time it’s not ill-famed Galaxy Note 7 but Samsung Grand Duos. The 47-year-old hotel executive Yulianto was waiting in the hall of his hotel in Indonesia where he felt a heating sensation in his breast pocket.
Another Samsung Phone Caught Fire On Man’s Pocket & Company Is Blaming Third-Party Battery
If we take a look at the previous year, we have seen Samsung had halted the production of Galaxy Note 7 and dismissed the entire units of it because the phone began to explode after few weeks/months of usage.
Not only Samsung Galaxy Note 7, several other devices from Samsung like Galaxy S7 Edge and J7 found exploding in several cases. Now, another video of exploding Samsung phone is going viral in social media.
This time it’s not ill-famed Galaxy Note 7 but Samsung Grand Duos. The reports from Daily Mail claims that the 47-year-old hotel executive Yulianto was waiting in the hall of his hotel in Indonesia where he felt a heating sensation in his breast pocket.
Man's shirt catches fire after phone bursts into flames in pocket
WATCH: An Indonesian man had to rip his shirt off after his mobile phone goes up in flames.(Video: Rista Casmiaa/YouTube)
Posted by CNA on Thursday, October 5, 2017
Reports from Daily Mail says “When he reached for his pocket it suddenly exploded, setting his shirt alight and sending sparks across the room”
The entire incident was caught on the CCTV camera of the hotel. As soon as the phone exploded, he fell to the ground frantically trying to get his shirt off for a few seconds before a spectator stepped in to help.
Local police had investigated the entire incidence and said that Yulianto had suffered from minor burns. Local police had also added that the victim was using GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth feature simultaneously when it happened.
Local media have contacted Samsung after the incidence, the company said that consumer safety is their first priority and they will provide all the necessary support.
On the other hand, Samsung had told CNET that the battery which was being used on the phone was not from Samsung. Here’s what the company added, “We sincerely wish for our customer’s swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung’s genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products.”
So, what do you think about this? Share your views in the comment box below.