Facebook is certainly the best social networking platform out there. It even has a messaging app called Messenger that allows users to exchange text messages, images, videos, etc.
If you are a celebrity or a Facebook influencer, you might be receiving hundreds of messages every day on your Messenger, and the chances are that your inbox is always filled with unwanted messages from both known & unknown users.
While messenger allows you to block the message requests to prevent unknown users from sending you messages, what if you want to block messages of a person who’s already on your friend list? You need to block the person on your Facebook messenger in such a case.
It’s important to note that blocking someone on Messenger doesn’t block the person on Facebook, as both platforms have separate functions for account blocking. However, blocking someone on Facebook blocks them on your Messenger.
Steps to Block/Unblock Someone on Messenger
Since we have already discussed how to block/unblock someone on Facebook, we will discuss how to block someone on Messenger. So, let’s check out how to block or unblock someone on Messenger.
Block Someone on Messenger
If you want to block someone from messaging you on Messenger, you need to follow some simple steps shared below. Here’s how to block someone on Messenger.
1. First, open the Messenger app on your device and open the chat for the person you want to block.
2. Next, tap on the (i) icon located in the top-right corner.
3. On the Profile page, scroll down and tap on the Block option as shown below.
4. On the next screen, tap on the Block Messages and Calls option.
5. On the confirmation prompt, tap on the Block button.
That’s it! You are done. This will block the person on the Messenger app.
Unblock Someone on Messenger
If you wish to unblock someone on the Messenger app, you need to follow these simple steps. Here’s how you can unblock someone on Messenger.
1. First, open the Messenger app on your device and tap on your profile picture.
2. On the profile page, scroll down and tap on the Privacy option.
3. On the Privacy screen, select Blocked accounts.
4. Now, select the profile that you want to unblock. Next, tap on the Unblock Messages and calls option.
5. On the confirmation prompt, tap on the Unblock option again.
That’s it! This is how you can unblock someone on Messenger. You are done.
So, that’s all about how to block someone on Messenger. When you block someone on Messenger, the blocked person won’t be able to call or message you. However, they can still see your Facebook Status, comments, etc.