A Torrent is mainly used to download large files on your PC. To download torrent files, you need a reliable torrent client like uTorrent. uTorrent has been there for a while, and it’s known for its simple UI. You can add custom trackers and set download & upload speed with uTorrent.
Recently, many users have messaged us asking how to increase the uTorrent download speed. So, in this article, we will share some of the best methods to increase uTorrent download speed.
Also Read: 10 Best Pirate Bay Alternatives
Increase Your uTorrent Download Speed
These tips apply to every other torrent client for Windows operating systems.
1. First of all, launch the uTorrent client on your computer. Now from the top bar, select Options and then select Preferences.
2. In the preferences dialog box, select Queuing and change the Maximum Number of active downloads to 1.
3. Now click on the Connection tab and ensure UPnP port mapping is enabled.
4. Now click on BitTorrent, enabling the Outgoing Protocol Encryption.
5. Now, come to Bandwidth, set Maximum Upload Limit to 1, and click on Apply.
6. You need to add trackers manually. You can find the option to add trackers under the downloading torrent file—Right-click on the downloading torrent file and select properties. Under the “General” tab, you have to locate the option “trackers”.
Below we will be giving the list of trackers, and you need to enter these trackers into the “Trackers” box. uTorrent will automatically ignore the duplicate ones. As we know, the more trackers, the more will be the speed. Therefore you can try adding trackers. Here is the list of trackers you need to add.
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969 udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969 udp://glotorrents.pw:6969 udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337 http://tracker2.istole.it:60500/announce udp://tracker.trackerfix.com:80/announce udp://www.eddie4.nl:6969/announce udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969 http://retracker.kld.ru:2710/announce http://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce http://bt.careland.com.cn:6969/announce http://explodie.org:6969/announce http://mgtracker.org:2710/announce http://tracker.best-torrents.net:6969/announce http://tracker.tfile.me/announce http://tracker.torrenty.org:6969/announce http://tracker1.wasabii.com.tw:6969/announce udp://9.rarbg.me:2710/announce udp://tracker.btzoo.eu:80/announce http://pow7.com/announce http://tracker.novalayer.org:6969/announce http://22.214.171.124:2710/announce http://cpleft.com:2710/announce udp://tracker.ccc.de:80/announce udp://fr33dom.h33t.com:3310/announce udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce
7. You can try altering the advanced settings. For that, you need to head over to “Options” and then you need to click on “preferences”. Now you need to search for the “Advanced” tab where you have to look for “bt.connect_speed” the default value will be 25; you need to increase the value to 80.
8. Now, you need to find the option “net.max_halfopen”, set the value to 100, and apply the settings.
Disable Ads From uTorrent
If you have been using the uTorrent client for a while, you might know that the torrent client is ad-supported. Although ads don’t ruin the torrenting experience, they slow down downloading/uploading speed. So, in this method, we will remove ads from uTorrent to increase the torrent downloading speed.
1. Launch the uTorrent client and navigate to Options > Preferences.
2. Under Preferences, click on Advanced.
3. Now, you need to find these two options –
4. Change the value of both items to False. Double-click on the options to change the value.
5. Click the ‘Ok’ button and restart the torrent client.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can disable ads in uTorrent to increase the torrent download speed.
Some other tips to Increase the Download Speed:
Here we will share some tips that can significantly improve your uTorrent download speed. We are not going into the details because these are basic things every torrent user does.
- Change DNS servers of Windows computers to increase internet speed.
- Make sure to stop every ongoing browser download before downloading files from uTorrent.
- Always pick the torrent file with the maximum number of seeds & peers.
- You can use a lightweight and ad-free torrent client like Vuze for maximum download speed.
Other Ways to Increase Torrent Speed
Well, if you want to download torrents at a faster speed, choosing a lightweight Torrent client is recommended.
uTorrent is a great torrent client, and you can make it more resource friendly by removing the ads. However, if you want an easier solution, it’s best to use a lightweight torrent client.
Lightweight torrent clients like qBittorrent and Frostwire provide faster-downloading speed by removing the ads. For a complete list of Torrent downloaders, check our guide – Best uTorrent Alternatives For Downloading Torrent Files.
I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have followed the steps carefully, you will notice better downloading & uploading speed in torrents. If you have any doubts, let us know in the comment box below.