You may be very familiar with the MKV file format if you often download videos from the internet. MKV is a multimedia format that can store multiple audio and subtitle tracks in a single file. MKV file format is not new, but many video players for Windows PC don’t support it.
Playing an MKV file can sometimes become challenging, especially on a new operating system like Windows 11 computer. Therefore, if you’re unable to play MKV files in your Windows 11, you need to convert your MKV files into more compatible formats such as MP4 or MOV.
As of now, there are hundreds of media player apps available for Windows 11, and all of them can convert your MKV files to MP4 format. Hence, if you are looking for ways to convert MKV videos into MP4 in Windows 11, you have landed on the right page.
Convert MKV to MP4 in Windows 11
This article will share some of the best ways to convert MKV videos to MP4 in Windows 11. These methods will help you convert MKV file format into MP4 in just a few minutes. Let’s get started.
1) Convert MKV Videos to MP4 using Any Video Converter
Well, Any Video Converter is a free video converter app for Windows 11 that can convert your MKV videos into MP4. Follow some of the simple steps to convert MKV videos to MP4.
- First of all, download & install Any Video Converter on your Windows 11 device. Once installed, open the program on your PC.
- Now, on the main interface of Any Video Converter, click the Add or Drag Files button. Next, select the MKV file that you want to convert into MP4.
- Once selected, click on the format drop-down beside Convert Now button. From the drop-down, select the MP4 format.
- Once done, click on the Convert Now button.
That’s it! Now Any Video Convert will convert your MKV videos into MP4 format. The process might take a few minutes to complete.
2) Convert MKV to MP4 using Format Factory
Format Factory is another best free video converter app for Windows 11 that can convert MKV files into MP4. Here’s how you can use Format Factory to convert MKV files into MP4 format.
- First of all, download & install Format Factory on your Windows 11 computer. Make sure to remove the add-ons during the installation.
- Once installed, open Format Factory on your computer. On the left pane, click on the MP4 option as shown below.
- Click the Add Files button on the Convert Window and select your MKV file. Once done, click on the Ok button.
- Now, on the home page of FormatFactory, click on the Start button to start the video conversion.
That’s it! You must wait until FormatFactory converts your MKV files into MP4 format.
3) Convert MKV to MP4 using Avidemux
Avidemux is open-source software for video editing and transcoding multimedia files. The tool uses re-muxing instead of re-encoding to convert videos, which speeds up the video conversion and minimizes the quality loss. Here’s how to use Avidemux to convert MKV videos to MP4 in Windows 11.
- First of all, download & install Avidemux on your Windows 11 computer.
- Once installed, open the program and drag and drop your MKV video into Avidemux’s interface.
- Click on the drop-down menu for Output format and select MP4 muxer.
- Once done, click on the File menu and select the ‘Save‘ option. Next, select the save location.
- Now, Avidemux will convert your MKV video into MP4.
That’s it! The file conversion speed is superfast on Avidemux. It will convert your MKV videos into MP4 in just a few seconds.
4) Using Other Video Converters
Like Any Video Converter, FormatFactory, and Avidemux, other video converter apps are available for Windows 11. You can use any of them to convert MKV files into MP4 format.
Some video converter for PC also offers video editing features like Avidemux. You can also use the video editing features to cut, trim, or join video clips. However, please download video converters for Windows 11 from trusted sources.
You can rely on any method to convert your MKV videos into MP4 format. So, these are some of the best ways to convert MKV videos into MP4 in Windows 11. If you need more help with video conversion, let us know in the comments below.