Google Chrome is the most popular web browser right now, but it isn’t the best. In fact, web browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Brave, Firefox, etc., offer better features and privacy options than Google Chrome.
The latest version of Windows – Windows 11 ships with Microsoft Edge Browser. Microsoft Edge isn’t as popular as Google Chrome, but it’s trying its best to compete with Google Chrome in terms of features and reliability.
On Techviral, we have already shared quite a few guides on Microsoft Edge & its features. Today, we will discuss another best feature of the Microsoft Edge browser that is disabled by default and kept hidden from the users.
Enable the New Office Sidebar in Microsoft Edge
The latest version of Microsoft Edge has a new sidebar that offers quick access to the web versions of Microsoft Office tools. The sidebar is kept hidden from the users, but it can be enabled in a few simple steps.
The Office Sidebar in Microsoft Edge will list all these office products:
- Office Home
- To Do
Hence, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to enable or disable the office sidebar in the Microsoft Edge web browser. Let’s check out.
Important: At the time of writing, the office sidebar is available on the latest version of Microsoft Edge. We have used the Microsoft Edge version to demonstrate the process.
Enable Office Sidebar in Microsoft Edge
If you are using the latest version of Microsoft Edge, you need to follow some of the simple steps to enable the Office Sidebar.
1. First of all, open the Microsoft Edge browser on your PC.
2. Next, open a new tab in the Edge browser and click on the Settings gear icon.
3. This will open the Page layout option. From the list of options, click on Custom.
4. On the Custom settings page, enable the ‘Office Sidebar’ toggle.
5. Now open a new tab and you will see the new office sidebar on the left.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can enable the office sidebar in the Microsoft Edge browser.
Disable Office Sidebar in Microsoft Edge
If you wish to keep your Microsoft Edge’s new tab page clean and simple, you may want to disable the office sidebar. Here’s how you can disable the office sidebar in Microsoft Edge.
1. First of all, click on the Settings gear icon on the new tab page to access the Page Layout settings.
2. From the drop-down menu, click on the Custom option.
3. Next, turn off the toggle for Office Sidebar.
That’s it! You are done. This will disable the Office sidebar in the Microsoft Edge browser.
Thanks to the new Office Sidebar, it’s now easy to access Microsoft’s office suite online from the web browser. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.