Our personal life is now messed up on our smartphones. Just take a brief look at the Gallery of your smartphone; you will find lots of private photos and videos. These are the files that you probably don’t want to share with others. However, at the same time, you can’t restrict your family member or friends from using your smartphone.
In this scenario, we got no choice left apart from hiding those private photos & videos. There are few tricks available on the internet that can help you hide images and videos on your Android, but most of the tricks don’t work with Android Oreo or the latest Android Pie.
List of 10 Best Android Apps To Hide Photos & Videos in 2021
So, in this case, having a third party photo & video vault or a simple photo locker seems to be the best option. Photo vault apps work the same way as App lockers. Therefore, in this article, we have decided to list out some of the best Android apps that can help you to hide photos & videos at ease.
This one stands out from the crowd due to its amazing offerings. The app is pretty much popular amongst Android users, and it does a great job of hiding images and videos. KeepSafe Photo Vault’s great thing is that it provides users with PIN, Fingerprint, Pattern lock to hide the images and videos.
- You can secure your vault with a PIN, Pattern, or Fingerprint.
- The app syncs your stored data on its encrypted Private Cloud.
- You can easily backup your important photos & videos.
- The app hides from the recently used app list
It another interesting app that comes with file locking features. It’s also one of the popular photo vault available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about Vaulty is that it can hide photos & videos directly from the Gallery itself.
- You can lock any image & video file format
- The app lets you use a PIN or text password to protect vaults
- It lets you create multiple vaults to show different people
- It automatically captures a picture of anyone who enters the wrong password.
It is one of the new Android security app available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about LockMyPix Photo Vault is that users’ AES Encryption standard is tough to crack.
- The app lets you hide the icon. In this way, LockMyPix becomes invisible
- With LockMyPix, you can create encrypted backups
- The app lets you lock the vault with PIN, fingerprint, password, or pattern
- The premium version also lets you create a fake vault.
It is one of the most popular photo & video vault available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about hiding Something is that it creates an invisible folder on the storage, accessed only via the hiding Something app.
- The app lets you create invisible folders
- You can store photos and videos on the invisible vault
- The invisible folder can be encrypted with PIN, Password, or Fingerprint
- Apart from photos & videos, it supports lots of other file formats.
As the app’s name says, Gallery Vault is an app for hiding everything you see on your phone’s Gallery. The app allows users to choose files from the gallery and stores them in the encrypted vault.
- The app easily hides photos, videos, and other file types.
- You can encrypt all hidden files with PIN, Password, Pattern, or Fingerprint.
- It also lets you hide the app icon.
- The app also has a built-in private web browser.
It’s not actually a photo or video vault, but it’s a Gallery app in itself. Just like your phone’s Gallery, Piktures for Android also brings all images and videos in one place. The app houses a ‘Secret Drive’ feature, which acts as a vault.
- It acts as a full-fledged gallery app for Android.
- With this app, you can access the photos and videos stored on cloud services.
- The gallery app has a ‘Secret Space,’ which acts as a Vault.
- You can password protect the Secret Space (Vault) with a PIN code.
The great thing about Andrognito is that it uses the military-grade AES encryption standards to hide your private photos & videos. Another best thing about Andrognito is that you can access the vault via the cloud backups on multiple devices.
- It hides & encrypts your files with a military-grade AES 256 algorithm.
- The app also lets you backup your important media files to the Andrognito cloud.
- Andrognito also lets you create a fake vault to deceive intruders.
- The app is highly customizable.
It is one of the top-rated media vault available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about F-Stop Gallery is its interface, which looks clean and well-organized. Apart from providing a private vault, F-Stop Gallery also allows users to hide certain images and videos from the Galler by adding a .nomedia file name.
- It’s a full-fledged gallery app for Android.
- The app lets you browse through your photos on a map.
- You can easily read the metadata directly from the images.
- The app lets you hide images and videos from other apps with password protection.
9. Hide it Pro
Guess what? Hide it Pro can easily hide photos & videos from your photo gallery. Users need to use a secret PIN code to access the hidden files. Check out some of the key features of Hiding it Pro.
- Once installed, the app shows itself as an ‘Audio Manager’ in the App drawer.
- The app has a secret vault where you can store photos, videos, and other file types.
- You can password protect the vault with Pin, Password, and Pattern lock
- Hide It Pro can also hide or lock apps.
10. Gallery Lock
As the app’s name says, Gallery Lock is an Android app meant to lock your gallery. The app basically replaces the default gallery app on its own locks it with a password or PIN.
- The app lets you hide photos & videos.
- Gallery Lock also has a Stealth mode that hides the app icon.
- The app automatically captures the picture of an intruder after 3rd failed login attempts.
These are the Best Android apps that can help you hide photos & videos at ease. If you think that we have missed any important app on the list, please list it down in the comment box below.