The primary purpose of smartphones is to make & receive calls & SMS, and we have to admit that we receive plenty of calls every day. During the course of a day, we also receive many spam & telemarketing calls whose only purpose is to annoy us.
If you have an iPhone, you can easily deal with spam calls thanks to the built-in call blocker. On iPhone, you can easily avoid unwanted calls by blocking certain people and sending unknown and spam callers directly to voicemail.
You can even install third-party apps to block spam calls on your iPhone. So, if you are an iPhone user and looking for ways to avoid unwanted or spam calls, continue reading the guide.
How to Block Spam Calls on iPhone
Since there are various ways to block spam calls on iOS, we will cover each method individually. Here are the best ways to block spam calls on iOS.
1. Block Individual Unknown Callers
If you have a specific number that you want to block, you need to follow this method. Here’s how you can block individual unknown callers on iPhone.
1. First, open the Phone app on your iPhone.
2. Now, find the phone number that you want to block.
3. Now tap the (i) button next to the caller you want to block.
4. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on the Block this Caller option.
5. On the confirmation prompt, tap on the Block Contact.
That’s it! This is how you can block individual unknown callers on your iPhone.
2. Block All Spam Calls on iPhone
iPhone has a feature for those who receive spam calls at regular intervals. If you get a lot of spam calls every day, you need to turn on the Silence Unknown Callers option.
Enabling the Silence Unknown Callers will automatically silence all calls from unknown numbers, and the calls will be sent to your voicemail. Here’s how to activate the feature.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. When the Settings app opens, tap on the Phone.
3. On the Phone Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Silence Unknown Callers.
4. On the next screen, turn on the toggle for Silence Unknown Callers.
That’s it! Once you enable the Silence Unknown Callers option, calls from unknown numbers will be silenced and sent to voicemail, and they will be displayed on the Recent List.
3. Block Spam Calls on iPhone with TrueCaller
TrueCaller is a caller identification app that supports spam call blocking. You can use the TrueCaller app to block all spam calls on your iPhone. Here’s how to set up the app & use it.
1. Download & Install the TrueCaller app on your iPhone from the Apple App Store.
2. Once installed, open the Settings app of your iPhone.
3. Next, navigate to the Phone > Call Blocking and Identification.
4. On the Call Blocking & identification, enable toggle for all apps like TrueCaller – Part 1, Part 2, and so on.
5. Now open the TrueCaller app and create an account with your phone number.
That’s it! Truecaller will automatically detect spam calls and block them.
4. Use Third Party Call Blockers for iPhone
If you don’t want to block spam calls on your iPhone manually, you can use a call blocker app. An iOS call blocker app can easily detect and block telemarketing calls, fraud and spam calls, and unknown callers.
Although there are hundreds of call blocker apps for iPhone available on the Apple App Store, we have carefully picked and listed some of them in this article – Best call blocker apps for iPhone.
So, make sure to go through that list and pick the app that suits your needs. Most of the apps are free to download & use on iPhone.
So, these are some of the best and working methods to block spam calls on iPhone. If you have another method to share with us, please do so in the comments below. Also, if you find this guide helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.