With so many choices available on the Google Play Store, picking up the best games for Android could become challenging. Every now and then, people message us on our Facebook page regarding the best games for Android.
So, if you are also searching for the best games to play on Android, you are reading the right article. In this article, we will share a list of the best and most popular Android games of all time.
List of 20 Most Popular Android Games That You Should Play
Please note that these are the all-time popular Android games. In addition, these games have thousands of positive ratings on the Play Store. So, let’s check out the most popular Android games.
1. Pokémon Go
Pokémon Go is a free-to-play location-based augmented reality game developed by Niantic and published by The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon franchise.
It was released in July 2016 for iOS and Android devices. We had mentioned this game in the first because it had beaten many records on opening.
- Tasty ways to play: Target Score, Timed Levels, Drop Down Mode, and Order Mode.
- Collect sugar drops to progress along the Sugar Track for super sweet surprises!
- Spin the Daily Booster Wheel for a delicious prize
- Pass level 50 to unlock Dreamworld and escape reality with Odus the Owl
- Unwrap delicious environments and meet the sweetest characters
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game with role-playing elements developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games.
It is a much popular game, it was first released on Play Station 2, then on Windows and Xbox, and later it was released on Android. You will love to play this game for sure.
- Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile, including lighting enhancements
- Cloud save support for playing across all your mobile devices for Rockstar Social Club Members.
- Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
- Integrated with Immersion tactile effects.
Jetpack Joyride is an arcade game for Android mobile. It is a tap screen game, and its graphics were amazing. You’ll start with the legendary Machine Gun Jetpack to scatter the evil scientists of Legitimate Research, but throughout each match, you’ll collect coins and complete missions to earn cash and buy new gear.
- Fly the coolest jetpacks in gaming history
- Dodge lasers, zappers, and guided missiles
- Storm the lab in crazy vehicles and giant mechs
- Earn achievements and battle it out against friends
- Customize your look with ridiculous outfits
Subway Surfers are one of the most downloaded and best android games offline. It’s a runner game where you need to dodge the objects coming in your way.
When players lose life in this game, they tend to play it repeatedly, which is why this is one of the best popular Android games.
- Grind trains with your fantastic crew!
- Colorful and vivid HD graphics!
- Hoverboard Surfing!
- Paint powered jetpack!
- Lightning-fast swipe acrobatics!
- Challenge and help your friends!
The Angry Birds are back in the sequel to the biggest mobile game of all time! Angry Birds 2 starts a new era of slingshot gameplay with super stunning graphics, challenging multi-stage levels, scheming boss pigs, and even more destruction.
- Improved graphics and gameplay
- You can now choose between birds
- Now users will get multi-stage levels
- New spells added
6. Nova Legacy
Nova Legacy is the most immersive and impressive sci-fi FPS franchise on smartphones. In this game, you need to fight for humankind’s survival. The storyline is fantastic, and the graphics of this game is beyond extraordinary.
For such high gameplay graphics, many high-end smartphones can’t handle this game too well, but if your smartphone is powerful enough to run this game, then you can enjoy this fantastic game.
- An epic storyline: Humanity finally returns to Earth after years of exile! Fight in 10 immersive levels across the galaxy, from a war-torn Earth to a frozen Volterite city.
- Multiple weapons and powers: Run, shoot, drive vehicles, and pilot a mech to defeat hordes of enemies.
- Join 12-player battles in 7 multiplayer modes (Capture the Point, Free-for-All, Capture the Flag, etc.) on seven different maps.
If you love to play car racing games on your Android, you would love Asphalt 8 for sure. It’s one of the most admired car racing games for Android.
The game stands out from the crowd due to its impressive graphics. It also has a multiplayer mode where you can compete with others on a racing track.
- 140+ Official Speed Machines: Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Bugatti, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Chevrolet, and more.
- Stunning Graphics: Interactions between the vehicles, environments & tracks are a fully physics-based experience!
- Arcade Gameplay At Its Finest: Feel the thrill of gravity-defying racing across 40+ high-speed tracks.
Shadow Fight 2 is one of the best mobile games on android. It’s a mix of RPG and classical Fighting. This game lets you equip your character with countless lethal weapons and rare armor sets and features dozens of lifelike-animated Martial Arts techniques! Crush your enemies, humiliate demon bosses, and be the one to close the Gate of Shadows.
- Plunge into epic combat sequences rendered in astonishingly lifelike detail by an
all-new animation system.
- Devastate your enemies with delightfully intuitive controls, thanks to an all-new fighting interface designed especially for touchscreens.
- Customize your fighter with epic swords, nunchaku, armor suits, magical powers, and more.
9. 8 Ball Pool
It is another most addictive and popular game. It is a pool game in which you can connect with your friends and play this game online.
The best thing about this game is its Facebook connectivity that connects friends through this game. In this game, you can play single matches or even tournaments also.
- Compete for 1 vs. 1 or in 8 player Tournaments
- Play for Pool coins and exclusive items
- Challenge your friends
- The difficulty level increases each time you level up.
10. Clash Of Clans
Clash of Clans is one of the most popular and best android strategy games. In this game, you need to build your town hall, train your army, and compete with others.
Also, you can join clans to participate in multi-player mode. It’s a highly addictive strategy game that everyone would love to play on Android.
- Build your village into an unbeatable fortress
- Raise your army of Barbarians, Archers, Hog Riders, Wizards, Dragons, and other mighty fighters
- Battle with players worldwide and take their Trophies
- Join with other players to form the ultimate Clan
- Fight against rival Clans in epic Clan Wars
- Build 18 unique units with multiple levels of upgrades
11. Dead Trigger 2
Dead Trigger 2 is a zombie-apocalypse-themed first-person shooter with survival horror and role-playing action elements, currently available on iOS, Android, and recently on Windows Phone 8.1 mobile devices.
Running on the Unity game engine, the game features a progression system, various environments, unlockable and upgradable weapons, and various story-based and quick-play mission types.
- You’ll be dazzled by cutting-edge graphics, including real-time water reflections, dynamic vegetation, and enhanced ragdolls.
- Choose between a touch control scheme created especially for casual players or an enhanced virtual joystick.
- Participate in global missions and receive rewards. Complete achievements, meet challenges, and receive exclusive in-game currency.
12. Clash Royale
Clash Royale ranks players according to level and arena. The maximum level is thirteen, while ten arenas (including the Training Camp) in total in the game. A player wins by destroying more towers than the opponent or destroying the opponent’s “King’s Tower,” which grants an automatic three “crown” victory.
- Duel players from around the world in real-time and take their Trophies
- Earn chests to unlock rewards, collect powerful new cards and upgrade existing ones
- Destroy opponent’s towers and win Crowns to earn epic Crown chests
- Build and upgrade your card collection with the Clash Royale Family along with dozens of your favorite Clash troops, spells, and defenses
- Construct your ultimate Battle Deck to defeat your opponents
Experience intense multiplayer combat with up to 6 players online or 12 using local Wi-Fi. Train with the Sarge and sharpen your skills in offline Training, Co-op, and Survival modes. Shoot a multitude of weapon types, including the sniper, shotgun, and flamethrower.
- Features explosive online and local multiplayer warfare
- Open world maps utilizing rocket boots for extended vertical flight.
- Multiplayer combat with up to 6 players online or 12 using local Wi-Fi.
14. Into the Dead 2
Into the Dead 2 is another survival game in which you need to kill zombies and survive. The game is full of action, and you will experience the zombie apocalypse as your race through the maps. On the way, you can pick up weapons that will help you to survive the ultimate zombie apocalypse.
- Evolving story and multiple endings
- Powerful weapons and ammo perks
- Multiple, immersive environments – discover different locations.
- Daily and special event mode
Well, Asphalt 9: Legends is the new addition to the Asphalt family. The game is top-rated amongst Android users. Asphalt 9: Legends is by far the best and most addictive car racing game that you can play today. The visuals in the game are impressive, and so does the soundtrack. Not just that, but the game also brings online multiplayer mode.
- The game features a new touch drive which makes driving much easier
- The gameplay and the soundtrack is beyond amazing
- You can play the game in multiplayer mode.
16. Critical Ops
Critical Ops is another best Android first-person shooter game that is very popular in the Google Play Store. The gameplay is much similar to the Nova 3 and Modern Combat 5, but it’s much more addictive than that.
- The game features realistic graphics.
- Two opposing teams battle it out in a timed deathmatch
- The game can test your reflexes and tactical skill.
Well, Call of Duty Mobile came into popularity after the demise of PUBG Mobile. It’s an online multiplayer game where you can compete with others. It has lots of multiplayer modes like 5v5 team deathmatch, sniper battle, and more.
Also, it has a battle royale mode that consists of 100 players on an open-world map. Overall, Call of Duty Mobile is a highly addictive game for Android.
- Free to play on the mobile
- Lots of maps to play the multiplayer mode
- Options to customize your unique loadout.
- Battle royale mode makes the game more competitive and addictive.
18. Among Us
Among Us is a new game on the list which can be played online or over local wifi with 4 to 10 players. As the match starts, one of the team players gets the role of Imposter.
Other players need to complete the tasks around a space while an imposter lurks among the crew. At the same time, the imposter’s role is to sabotage other crew members’ work and kill each of them.
- Free to play on mobile
- The gaming concept is unique and never seen on any other game
- Has cross-platform support.
19. Garena Free Fire
Well, if you have loved PUBG Mobile before its ban, then you will love Garena Free Fire for sure. Although not as popular as PUBG Mobile, Garena Free Fire is still the best battle royale game for Android.
It’s a battle royale game where you are pit against 49 other players, all seeking survival. The ultimate goal of yours is to kill others while surviving till the very end.
- The battle royale timing is short, which makes the game more addictive
- The game offers you in-game voice chat options.
- Realistic and Smooth graphics experience.
20. Alto’s Adventure
Alto’s Adventure is a classic snowboarding game that everyone would love to play for sure. The game takes you on a journey across the beautiful alpine hills, native wilderness, neighboring villages, and more.
It’s a snowboarding game where you need to dodge the obstacles coming your way. The game stands out from the crowd due to its physics-based gameplay.
- Fluid, graceful, and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
- Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
- Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
So, these are the most popular Android games of all time. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.