Now easily move installed PC games between hard drives with the help of all the possible ways we will discuss below.
Sometimes when you keep installing PC games on one drive, and the drive is likely to get full, you might be looking for a guide to uninstall the game or move it to another. But most of the users don’t know how to do that. That is why we have a guide to help you move installed PC games. So have a look at the complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Move Installed PC Games Between Hard Drives
The method is simple and easy, and you must follow the step-by-step guides below.
The Manual Method
Whether you’re hoping to move an amusement on Steam, Origin, or Uplay, you can do it without outside programming. We’ll utilize Steam, for instance, since it’s the most prevalent stage, yet a similar standard applies crosswise over different stages.
- Go to the game’s installment directory and cut and paste it to where you need it on the new hard drive. (If you’re gluing a Steam diversion, ensure it’s in the organizers “steamapps/regular,” as Steam consequently searches for those subdirectories. So glue the diversions too, for instance, “My Games/steamapps/normal” or “Steam Games/steamapps/regular.“)
- Once you’ve done that, uninstall the amusement from your PC utilizing Steam by exploring to it in your Steam library, right-clicking it and clicking “Erase Local Content.”
- Go to your Steam download settings (In Steam, click Steam at the upper left – > Settings – > Downloads.) click “Steam Library Folders – > Add Library Folder,” then select the registry where you glued your diversion. (Try not to incorporate the “steamapps/normal” part here, as Steam will apply that naturally.)
- Close the Settings window, go to your (uninstalled) diversion in your Steam library, then snap introduce and select the new introduce registry you just added to Steam. Since all the diversion records are there, Steam will skirt the download procedure and introduce your amusement to the new drive.
Move the Game and Direct Your Game Manager to the New Location
On the off chance, you’d lean toward not downloading an additional product; you don’t need to—Steam and Origin have approaches to “recognize” introduced recreations after you’ve moved them. You need to play out the correct strides organized appropriately. In case you’re utilizing Steam:
- Create a folder in the new area where you’ll store your games. If you’re on Steam, you’ll have to do it through Steam. Make a beeline for Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders and click “Add Library Folder.”
- Navigate to your new Steam library envelope and make another organizer called steam apps. At that point, make an organizer in steam apps called basic.
- Head to your present Steam envelope and discover the organizer for the amusement you need to move. You’ll likely discover it in steam apps/common. Duplicate the diversion’s organizer, e.g. “Borderlands 2“, to the new steam apps/common envelope you made in step 2.
- Open Steam, right-tap on the diversion you’re moving, and select “Delete Local Content.” This will uninstall the diversion from its unique area.
- When that is done, tap the Install catch to re-introduce the amusement. In the “choose location” dropdown, pick the Steam organizer on your new hard drive.
- Instead of re-downloading the amusement (which could take hours), Steam will recognize the current documents there and roll out any important minor improvements. When it’s set, you ought to be able to play the amusement, of course.
In case you’re moving an Origin diversion, the means are fundamentally the same however, only a smidgen less difficult:
- Open Windows Explorer and make an organizer in the new area where you’ll store your diversions.
- Head to your present Origin envelope and discover the organizer for the amusement you need to move. Duplicate it to the new area, and erase the old records.
- Open Origin and make a beeline for Origin > Application Settings > Advanced. Under “Downloaded Games,” tap the “Change” catch and direct it to the envelope on your new hard drive. Try not to stress; these exclusive influences recently introduced recreations, so your present library won’t be influenced.
- Return to the “My Games” view and tap the Download catch to re-introduce the diversion. Rather than re-downloading the diversion (which could take hours), Origin will distinguish the current records and roll out any essential minor improvements. You ought to have the capacity to play the diversion when it’s set, not surprisingly.
- If you need to introduce future amusements to your old hard drive, rehash step 3 with the old area.
This technique may not function for diversions introduced without an administrator like Steam or Origin, yet it had exactly the intended effect in everything I tried.
Use Steam Mover
Then again, you can utilize a to a great degree lightweight, however valuable little apparatus called Steam Mover. Steam Mover works by moving all your preferred diversion documents to an area while leaving a Junction Point in the first area. This implies you shouldn’t erase the amusement envelopes left at the diversion’s unique area, as that’ll erase the intersection point, and Steam won’t have the capacity to discover them when you attempt and run them. Regardless of the name, you can utilize Steam Mover for Origin, GOG, Uplay, or different recreations – and other projects and documents you need.
- You can download Steam Mover here. (You must look down a lot at the “Download” subhead.) Once you’ve done that, concentrate and introduce it wherever you like.
- Open Steam Mover, which ought to distinguish and list all the Steam diversions in your library. If not, tap the three spots alongside “Steam Apps Common Folder” to physically discover your Steam library on your hard drive, then select it and snap “Refresh.”
- Next, tap the three specks under “Alternative Folder” in Steam Mover to choose the area to which you need to move your Steam diversions (apparently, someplace on your swanky new hard drive).
- Next, with your games listed, select every one of the ones you need to move by holding Ctrl while clicking everything, so they’re highlighted. Once you’ve done that, tap the blue, right-directing bolt at the base of the window toward moving all your chosen amusements to the new drive.
So above guide was all about Move Installed PC Games Between Hard Drives, Use the guide, and you can easily move the game files according to your wish. I hope the guide works for you. Keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries about this.