As we all know that the Pokemon Go is a location-based augmented reality game developed and published by Niantic. Pokemon Go crazily stormed the planet and now there are very few countries and the operating systems are just left to have this game, and among them, Windows platform is the one.
Finally, Now You Can Play Pokemon Go On Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 Mobile was the platform where the Pokémon Go was not yet available, but now you can install and play Pokemon Go on Windows 10 Mobile. But all thanks to an Open Source client, which made it possible for all the Windows Phone users to play Pokemon Go on Windows 10 Mobile.
See how you can finally have the Pokémon Go on your Windows 10 Mobile.
The PoGo-UWP, as it is not the official application of Niantic but already gives the possibility for users of Windows 10 Mobile to have the Pokémon Go on their smartphones. This is an open source client which is accessible to all.
The PoGo-UWP is not yet officially completed and published in the Windows application store, so, for now it requires users to install manually. If you still want to help to test the app and contribute to development, then you will need to follow few advanced steps, but don’t get worried about the advance steps, as the steps are not as advance that you might be thinking.
So let’s get started:-
- Create a Pokemon Trainer Club account.
- Login via the official Android or iOS client or simply you can also use the Bluestacks app player directly on your PC.
- Then select a starting Pokemon and log out from the official app by tapping on the Pokeball icon.
- If you are on Bluestacks without a GPS signal then just close the app by pressing the ‘X’ icon.
- Now you have to download all these Github files to a PC connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Windows 10 Mobile and have to place them in the same folder.
(Here is the files 1st – 2nd – 3rd)
- Now enable developer features and to do this just go to Settings and search “For developers”.
- Then simply enable the “Developer mode, Device discovery, and Device Portal”.
- Now on the bottom of the “Device Portal” settings, you will see an IP address, just navigate to that IP address on the PC containing the Github files.
- Then just click on the Apps section on the Device Portal in your PC browser and add the file “PokemonGo-UWP_18.104.22.168_ARM_Debug.appx” under Install App.
- Then Add package and add other two files as dependencies.
- Now just click on the Go button under the Deploy.
- Here you are done, so now just launch the PoGo-UWP on your Windows phone and login with the account which you set up earlier.
Here is the video tutorial to setup Pokemon Go on your Windows 10 Mobile:-