Today, there’s no shortage of shopping websites. You will find dedicated shopping sites for clothes, gadgets, etc. Also, a few popular sites like Amazon sell various products.
Let’s admit that people prefer shopping online rather than from local stores these days. The benefit of online shopping is that you get a wide range of products and price comparison options.
It’s pretty normal for an average user to spend hours shopping for the perfect gift, find a great deal, and place an order. However, what after placing the order? You need to visit that sites again and again to track your order process.
While tracking orders may sound easy, it can be time-consuming and frustrate you. You have to keep visiting the site, again and again, to check where your package has arrived. To help you ease such things, the Gmail app for Android brings you a package tracking feature.
What is Package Tracking Feature on Gmail?
In November 2022, Google announced the package tracking feature on its Gmail app for Android and iPhone. The feature is still new and rolling out slowly to the users.
As of today, the package tracking feature is available for every Android and iPhone user, but users need to enable it manually.
Package tracking is a Gmail feature that will show a simple, helpful view of your package tracking and delivery information in your inbox. For example, if you have placed an order on Amazon, the order details are sent to your Gmail address.
The package tracking feature will automatically detect the email and display your current delivery status in your inbox list view. This is a very useful feature because users won’t have to rely on third-party package tracking sites or apps.
Enable Package Tracking on Gmail?
It’s pretty easy to enable Package tracking on Gmail. You must ensure that your phone runs the latest Gmail app version. Here are the steps you need to follow.
Important: We have used an Android device to demonstrate the process. iPhone users need to follow the same steps.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android device and search for Gmail. Open the Gmail app and tap on the ‘Update‘ button.
2. Next, open the Gmail app and tap on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner.
3. On the side menu, scroll down and tap on Settings.
4. On the General Settings, select your email address.
5. Next, scroll down and find the Package Tracking option. You need to check the box next to the option to enable the feature.
6. Once enabled, reopen the Gmail app and open the email containing your order details.
7. You will notice a dedicated Package tracking section above the email body. The section will have the option to Track the package.
8. Tap on the Track package option to check the current status of your package.
That’s it! This is how you can use the package tracking feature of the Gmail app.
The package tracking feature of Gmail is great, but it still redirects you to the official link. If you want the best tracking option, it’s recommended to use a package tracking app.
Also read: How to Mark all Mails as Read in Gmail
So, this guide is about enabling and using the package tracking feature on Gmail. If you need more help tracking your packages with the Gmail app, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends.