Now you can easily pause and resume the Windows Updates in your Windows OS that keeps on eating your bandwidth every time and tends to make your internet slow. So have a look on complete method discussed below to proceed.
If you are a Windows user having an internet connection to your computer then you might be familiar with the notifications on Windows telling you about the updates. In these notifications, you get to know about the updates for various features and built applications that are out of date. The Windows by default will automatically update these out of date features and applications. This might not be the good thing for those who are less on internet data or are using limited internet plans as the updating will use up the data. And sometimes you want to postpone the update or need to download it under certain wifi connection, but you might not know the method to do so. So, to sort that out we are here to guide you in this, As this guide will help you to resume and pause any of your Windows updates. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
How to Pause and Resume a Windows Update Download in Windows 10
The method is quite easy and you just need to execute some commands in your Windows 10 OS and you will be done with that with the complete control over the downloads of the updates going on your PC. So follow up the below step by step guide to proceed.
Steps to Pause and Resume a Windows Update Download in Windows 10:
- In your Windows 10 OS, press the keyboard buttons Win + X, and there select the Command prompt option that will open in the admin access.
- Now firstly to stop the Windows update services, you need to execute the below command:
net stop wuauserv
- Now the next step will be to stop the Background Intelligent Transfer service and for that execute the below command:
net stop bits
- Now the last thing you need to stop is Delivery Optimization and for that execute the below command:
net stop dosvc
- Now above were the commands to stop updates services and whenever you want to resume all these services then you can execute the below commands one by one:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start dosvc
- That’s it, you are done. So, now your windows, updates services can be resumed and paused easily.
So above discussion was all about Pause and Resume a Windows Update Download in Windows 10. Use this guide and you can easily have full control over the downloads of Windows updates to pause and resume them according to your wish. Hope the tutorial works for you, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.