Back in 2017, when TikTok was first launched, it revolutionized the way people consumed videos by presenting the concept of shorter videos. Very soon after its launch, it managed to gain the attention of millions of users.
TikTok has forced several leading companies to introduce new changes to their system to keep up with the trend. This is the only reason you will find famous social networking sites like Instagram, Facebook, etc., trying their best to create a TikTok alternative.
YouTube, the leading video site, also has a feature called Shorts which allows users to create and share short-form videos up to 60 seconds long. Although YouTube Shorts has fewer users than TikTok or Instagram Reels, many users still prefer it.
So, if you are a content creator but don’t know how to upload YouTube shorts, this article is written just for you. Since we have already shared how to post YouTube shorts from PC, we will learn how to upload or post YouTube shorts from Mobile in this article. So, let’s get started.
Steps to Upload YouTube Shorts from Mobile
You can use the YouTube app for Android or iOS to upload YouTube Shorts. We have used Android to demonstrate the process, you need to implement the same steps on your iPhone. So, let’s check out how to upload YouTube shorts from Android.
1. First, open the YouTube app on your Android or iOS and tap on the (+) icon as shown below.
2. From the list of options that appears, tap on the Create a Short.
3. Now, you capture a video that you want to share. Alternatively, you can pick one from your Gallery. To tap on the Gallery icon as shown below and select the clip you want to upload.
4. Once done, tap on the Add button as shown below.
5. You can now add sound, text, and filters to the video. Customize the video as per your preference. Once done, tap on the Next button.
6. On the next screen, add the title and description of the video, set the visibility to the public, and select the audience type. Once done, tap on the Upload Short button,
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can upload YouTube Shorts from Mobile.
So, this is how you can upload and post YouTube Shorts from the mobile app. Since shorter videos take less time to watch, they can generate more views in less time. This does increase the probability of getting the videos viral.