If we talk about the best budget smartphones in India, without any doubt, it will be Xiaomi leading the list. Xiaomi is known for its good offerings at an affordable price. If you have been using Xiaomi smartphone for a while, then you might know that ‘MIUI’ is much more than a mere skin that themes Android.
Xiaomi’s MIUI has introduced lots of framework-level changes to the Android operating system, changing the way the OS looks and functions. If you have been using Xiaomi smartphone, then the chances are that you’ve seen a bunch of ads popping out from every corner.
Actually, the Chinese electronics company, of course, Xiaomi crams ads in every possible place. Users were often annoyed with these ads and want to disable all of them. Xiaomi smartphones have also drawn lots of criticism due to these annoying ads.
Well, these ads have been pushed into your smartphone’s screen to generate revenue. Not just Xiaomi, but a few other OEMs also preload bloatware like Amazon Prime, Facebook, etc. into their smartphones. However, Xiaomi is a low margin hardware business, and they release smartphones at affordable prices. So, we can’t simply criticize Xiaomi for throwing ads because it helps the company to compensate for the hardware cost and offer cheap smartphones.
How To Remove Ads From Your Xiaomi Smartphone
Although you can’t completely remove these ads from your Xiaomi smartphone, still there are some things you can do to minimize the presence of advertisements on Xiaomi devices. So, in this article, we are going to share how to remove ads from Xiaomi Phones with MIUI.
#1 Disable The MSA Apps
For those who don’t know, MSA stands for ‘MIUI System Ads’ and if you disable this app, then it will solve most of your problems. Follow, some of the simple steps given below to disable the MSA apps from Xiaomi smartphones.
- Fist of all, open Settings and head to the ‘Additional Settings’
- Now find and tap on the ‘Authorization & revocation’
- Now find MSA app from the list.
- Turn off the app.
#2 Disable Personalized Ad Recommendations
Disabling the Personal Ad recommendation from Xiaomi smartphones will prevent MIUI from tracking your browsing habits. This will not disable the ads, but you can expect fewer ads after disabling the personal ad recommendation.
- First of all, open Settings and head to the ‘Additional Settings’
- Now tap on ‘Privacy’
- Now turn off the ‘Personalized ad recommendations’ option.
#3 Disable Ads from MI Security
Well, MI Security is one of the vital features of MIUI. The recommendation service of Cleaner sometimes shows unnecessary ads. So, here we need to disable ads from MI Security as well. Follow, some of the simple steps given below to disable ads from MI Security.
- First of all, open MI Security app and tap on the cog icon.
- Now from there, turn off the ‘Recommendations’
- Now move back to the App’s settings and tap on ‘Cleaner’
- Turn off the ‘Receive Recommendations’
#4 Disable Ads In MI Browser
MI Browser often shows ads related to new sites, apps, and services. To stop those ads, you need to disable the ads in Mi Browser as well. So, follow some of the simple steps given below to disable ads in MI Browser
- First of all, open MI Browser app and open Settings.
- Now tap on ‘Advanced’
- In the next step, tap on ‘Privacy & Security’
- Now turn off the ‘Personalized Service’
#5 Disable Ads in Mi Music
MIUI also shows ads on the music player app. So, if you want to have distraction-free music experience, then you need to disable ads in Mi Music as well. Follow some of the simple steps given below to disable ads in Mi Music.
- First of all, open MI Music app and then tap on the hamburger menu button.
- Now select ‘Settings’ and then on ‘Advanced Settings’
- Now turn off the ‘Receive Recommendations’ option.
So, these are the five best methods to disable ads from Xiaomi smartphones. If you have any doubt, let us know in the comment box below.