Today every mobile user, whether Android or iOS, uses a memory card in their devices. And this small chip is a device that can store a million bytes of data. Sometimes we protect our memory card with a password, but we forget the password.
In that case, you will have trouble accessing your memory card or copy paste anything into it. So in this post, I will tell you the methods that will help you remove your memory card password. Just follow the below to proceed.
Best Ways To Remove Memory Card Password
The method to remove a password from a memory card is very simple, and this can be done in two ways, either from a PC or an Android device. Also, you can even view your current password too. Just follow the below steps to proceed.
Steps To View & Remove Password Of Memory Card Using Android
- First of all, insert your password-protected memory card into your android device.
- Now download the ES file Explorer on your Android and open it.
- Now, go to the system folder and locate the file mmcstore.
- Now rename it as mmcstore.txt and open it.
- Now, you can see the current password of your memory card; note it down.
- Now in the memory card option, click on remove password and paste the password you have noted.
- That’s it. You are done.
Steps To Remove Password Of Memory Card Using PC
With this method, all your data will get lost as you will format your memory card in this method, so I recommend using the above method, and if it doesn’t work, then use this one.
- First of all, insert your memory card into any smartphone.
- Now connect the phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Now right-click on the memory card drive in your PC and click on Format (It will not ask for any password to format).
- That’s it. The password will be removed by formatting your memory card, and you can now access your memory card completely.
So, these are the two easiest ways to remove passwords from any memory or SD card. If you need more help removing passwords from memory card, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, share it with your friends.