It doesn’t matter how stable watchOS is; it still has a few bugs that prevent users from accessing all features of the Apple Watch. The best way to fix Apple Watch problems is by factory reset.
While you may rarely need to use the Factory Reset option, it’s still best to know how to do it. You can factory reset your Apple Watch when you forget your passcode when it’s not connecting properly, etc.
It’s also recommended to reset the Apple Watch before you sell it to anyone else. So, if you are looking for ways to reset your Apple Watch, you are reading the right guide. Below, we have shared a step-by-step guide on how to reset the Apple watch. Let’s check out.
Steps to Reset Your Apple Watch
Important: Before you factory reset your Apple Watch, make sure to back it up. Resetting will erase all saved settings and data associated with your Apple Watch.
Reset Apple Watch with iPhone
The easiest way to reset your Apple Watch is by using your iPhone. You just need to unpair the Apple Watch from your iPhone to reset it. Here’s what you need to do.
- First, keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close, and open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the My Watch tab at the bottom. Next, tap on All Watches in the top left corner.
- On All Watches, tap the (i) button next to the Apple Watch you want to unpair.
- On the next screen, tap on the Unpair Apple Watch.
- On the Confirmation prompt, tap on Unpair again.
- Now just follow the on-screen instructions to reset the Apple watch.
That’s it! This is how you can reset your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
2. Reset Apple Watch Directly
If you don’t have your iPhone with you, you can factory reset it directly on the Apple Watch. Here’s how to factory reset directly on Apple Watch.
- First, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch and tap on General.
- On the General, swipe down and tap on Reset.
- On the Reset screen, tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Now you will be prompted to enter the passcode. Enter the Passcode.
- Once done, swipe down and tap on the Erase All.
That’s it! This is how you can factory reset directly on Apple Watch.
So, these are the two best ways to reset your Apple Watch. If you need more help resetting your Apple Watch, let us know in the comments below.