You may not know, but your Android device has tons of information that advertisers use to show you relevant ads. For example, your Android device has a unique ‘Advertising ID’ assigned that lets advertisers track your app activity.
After tacking the app activity, apps & game developers show you ads targeted towards you based on your interest. Although you can’t remove the advertising ID, you can reset it to erase all your activity.
This way, you won’t build up a big log of information advertisers can use to push you relevant ads. So, if you are interested in resetting your Advertising ID on an Android device, you are reading the right article.
Reset Your Advertising ID on Android Device
In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to reset your Advertising ID on an Android smartphone. The process will be very easy; follow some of the simple steps below.
- Swipe down the notification shutter on your Android and tap the Settings icon.
- On the Settings app, tap on the Google option.
- On the next page, scroll down and tap the Ads option.
- Under the Ads, find the option Reset advertising ID. You need to tap on it to reset the advertising id.
- On the confirmation popup, tap on the Ok button.
- Now scroll down and toggle the Opt Out of Ads Personalization switch.
- On the confirmation pop-up, tap on the Ok button.
- That’s it! You are done. This is how you can reset your advertising ID on Android.
So, this guide is all about resetting your advertising id on Android. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.