Smartphones have become so powerful that they can easily eliminate a few portable hardware like DSLRs, Calculator, Torch, etc. While the functionality & features of a smartphone have evolved a lot over the years, its primary goal is to make & receive phone calls/SMS.
Regarding the iPhone, the phone from Apple offers all the features you get from Android. You also get many useful call management features like WiFi Calling, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, etc.
These call management features usually reside under the iPhone settings; many users don’t know about them. Maybe you already know what Call Forwarding is, but you cannot set it up on your iPhone.
Call Forwarding on iPhone is a very important feature that ensures you don’t miss any important call on vacation or plan to leave your phone at home. When turned on, the feature forwards your iPhone calls to another mobile number or home line.
So, if you are new to the iPhone and don’t know how to set up call forwarding, continue reading the guide. Below, we have discussed all the important things you should know about using the call forwarding feature of iPhone and how to enable it. Let’s get started.
Important Things to Remember Before Enabling Call Forwarding
Before you open the iPhone Settings and enable the Call Forwarding feature, you should remember a few important things. Here are the most important things you need to remember before you enable & use the feature.
- You can only use the call forwarding feature if your network provider supports it.
- Make sure the number you want to receive calls on is active. Also, make sure not to forward calls to a switched-off number.
- Apart from forwarding calls, you can set voicemail on your iPhone.
- If you plan to travel to a foreign country, cross-check the charges of forwarded calls. Some network operators may charge you for the forwarded calls.
How to Forward Calls on iPhone
Now that you know what Call Forwarding is and its benefits, you’d like to set up call forwarding on your iPhone. Here are some simple steps you need to follow to enable call forwarding on an iPhone.
1. To get started, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. When the Settings app opens, tap on the Phone.
3. Now scroll down to the Calls section.
4. Under the Calls, tap on Call Forwarding.
5. On the next screen, enable the toggle for Call forwarding.
6. Next, tap on the Forward To option.
7. On the next screen, type the phone number to which you would like to direct your iPhone calls.
8. After entering the phone number, tap the Back Button in the top left corner. This will automatically save the changes.
9. To confirm whether the Call Forwarding is active, open the Control Center on an iPhone and check for a phone with a right arrow icon in the Status Bar.
Call forwarding is active on your iPhone if you see the phone with a right arrow icon. That’s it! This is how you can set up call forwarding on your iPhone.
Call Forwarding is a great feature as it improves productivity by getting more calls answered. You should make use of this feature whenever you are traveling & want to avoid roaming charges. Let us know if you need more help enabling call forwarding on your iPhone.