With over 1 billion active monthly users, Instagram is easily the best and most popular photo-sharing platform out there. If you are an Instagram user, you may know about Instagram Stories. Everyone from celebrities to small businesses to individuals seems to utilize this feature.
In case you don’t know, Instagram Stories is a video-sharing feature that lets you broadcast multiple snaps taken throughout the day to your followers. The photos & videos you share as Instagram Stories will disappear after 24 hours.
Stories are very different than regular Instagram posts, as you can know who has seen your story. Similarly, other users can know if you have viewed their story. Occasionally, you might come across Instagram Stories that you want to view but don’t want the profile owners to know about it. In such cases, you’ll need third-party apps.
Steps to View Instagram Stories Anonymously on Chrome Browser
Hence, if you want to view Instagram stories anonymously, you need to depend on a third-party Chrome extension. So, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to view Instagram Stories anonymously using the Chrome web browser. Let’s check out.
Using Hiddengram Google Chrome Extension
Hiddengram is a Chrome extension that lets you view Instagram Stories anonymously on a Google Chrome browser. With Hiddengram installed, you can view as many stories you want without notifying the other users. Here’s how to use Hiddengram on the Google Chrome web browser.
1. First of all, launch the Google Chrome web browser on your computer.
2. Now head to the Chrome web store and search for Hiddengram. Next, open Hiddengram from the list of extensions. Alternatively, click on this link to open the Hiddengram extension page.
3. To install the Hiddengram extension, you need to click on the Add to Chrome button, as shown below.
4. On the Confirmation prompt, click on the Add extension button as shown below.
5. Once installed, you will find a new Hiddengram extension icon on the extension bar.
6. Now, open your Instagram account and open the profile link whose story you want to view. To view the story posted by the user, click on their account picture. The colored ring around the profile picture indicates that the user has posted a story.
7. After viewing the story, you will notice that the ring around the account picture has not faded away. This simply means that the profile owner will not see your name on the ‘Viewed’ list on their story.
How to Pause Hiddengram?
If you wish to appear on the Viewed list, you need to pause the Hiddengram extension. To pause hiddengram, simply click on the extension icon once.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can view Instagram stories anonymously on the Google Chrome browser.
Also Read: How to See Who Unfollowed You On Instagram
With Hiddengram, you can view as many Instagram stories as you want without appearing in the ‘Viewed’ list of the profile owner. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.