As of now, there are several social news sites and forums available on the web, but Reddit is the most popular. Reddit is a very popular website that calls itself ‘The front page of the internet’. On Reddit, you can connect with users who share the same interest and can start a discussion.
Although the site is useful, many users end up wasting unnecessary time on it. Also, there are many users who don’t find Reddit useful, and they want to delete their existing accounts.
If you don’t find Reddit useful, or if it is a source of distraction in your life, you can delete your account for good. So, if you are looking for ways to delete your Reddit account, you have landed on the right page.
Steps to Delete Reddit Account (Desktop & Mobile)
In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to delete a Reddit account in easy steps. You can use the web version of Reddit or the mobile app of Reddit to delete the account. Here’s what you need to do.
1) Delete Reddit Account via Web Browser
It’s pretty easy to delete a Reddit account via a web browser. For that, you need to follow some of the simple steps we have shared below. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First of all, open your favorite web browser and head to Reddit.com. Next, log in to your account.
2. Next, click on your user name shown in the top right corner of the screen.
3. On the drop-down menu, click on the User Settings option as shown below.
4. This will open the Settings page of your Reddit account. You need to scroll down and click on the Deactivate account button.
5. Now you need to enter your username & password and click on the Deactivate button as shown below.
6. Now you will see another confirmation prompt letting you know that this action can’t be undone. Hence, if you have made up your mind, click on the Deactivate button again.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can delete your Reddit account via a desktop web browser.
2) How to Delete Reddit Account on Mobile Device
If you don’t have a computer, you can use the mobile device to delete your Reddit account. However, please note that Reddit’s official app doesn’t offer an option to deactivate an account; hence, you need to use a mobile web browser to delete a Reddit account on your Phone. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First of all, open your mobile web browser and log in to the Reddit website.
2. Once done, open the Reddit account settings link.
3. The above link will open the Account Settings page of Reddit; you need to scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Deactivate account option.
4. Next, you need to enter your username & password and tap on the Deactivate button.
5. On the final confirmation page, click on the Deactivate button again.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can delete a Reddit account via a mobile web browser.
It’s pretty easy to delete a Reddit account via browser or smartphone. Once deleted, you can’t activate it again. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.