On Windows 11, you don’t need to install any third-party file encryption tool to encrypt your files & folders stored on a drive. You can use the BitLocker, the built-in security feature to encrypt your entire drive.
BitLocker is a great security feature as it prevents unauthorized access to your files and documents stored on your drive. On Windows 11, Microsoft upped the requirements for BitLocker, but you can still use it to encrypt your drive by bypassing the Trusted Platform Module (TOM) requirement.
If you are already using BitLocker to encrypt your drive, you should also know how to disable it. While disabling BitLocker is not recommended if you care for your privacy & security; still, sometimes, you may need to disable the security feature for a few reasons.
Also Read: How to Remove Sound from Videos in Windows 11
Steps to Turn Off BitLocker Drive Encryption on Windows 11
Disabling BitLocker is pretty easy, especially on Windows 11 operating system. Below, we have shared a step-by-step guide on disabling BitLocker drive encryption in the latest Windows 11 operating system. Let’s check out.
Important: We have used Windows 11 to demonstrate the process; you can also follow the same steps to disable BitLocker on Windows 10 operating system.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 search and type in Control Panel. Next, open the Control Panel app from the list of matching results.
2. On the Control Panel, switch to the Category View. Next, click on the System and Security option as shown below in the screenshot.
3. On the System and Security page, scroll down and click on the BitLocker Drive Encryption.
4. Next, scroll down and find the drive where BitLocker encryption is turned on.
5. You need to click on the Turn Off BitLocker link next to the encrypted drive. The encrypted drive could be your operating system, fixed data, or removable drive.
6. On the Confirmation prompt, click the Turn Off Bitlocker button again.
That’s it! This is how you can disable BitLocker drive encryption and BitLocker To Go on your Windows 11 computer.
Other than BitLocker, you can also use other encryption software for Windows to encrypt your drive and keep your data secure. So, that’s how easy it is to disable BitLocker drive encryption on Windows 11. If you aren’t using BitLocker, you need to follow our guide on using BitLocker on Windows 11. If you need more help related to BitLocker Drive encryption, let us know in the comments.