Using Windows 11, you may know that the Action Center has been renamed Notification Center. The Notification Center of Windows 11 is much like Action Center that lists all app notifications.
On Windows 11, you can access the notification center by pressing the Windows Key + N button or clicking the date & time button on the system tray. While the Notification Center is a useful addition, many users don’t like it.
For many, the Notification Center is a cause of distraction, and this is why they want to disable it altogether. If Notification Center is useless for you, or if you never use it, you can easily disable it from the Registry or Group Policy Editor.
Below, we have shared two best ways to turn on or off Notification Center on Windows 11 computers. However, if you disable the Notification Center, you will miss out on all notifications. You can still read the notifications when they appear, but you can’t review them later.
1) Enable or Disable Notification Center via Registry Editor
This method will use the Registry Editor to enable or disable the Notification center. Follow some of the simple steps shared below.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 search and type Registry Editor. Next, open the Registry Editor app from the list of matching results.
2. On the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
3. Now, right-click on the Explorer and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Name the new REG_DWORD key as DisableNotificationCenter.
5. Double-click the DisableNotificationCenter and set 1 on the Value Data field. Once done, click on the Ok button. This will disable the Notification Center
6. If you wish to enable the Notification Center, enter 0 on the value data field in the above step. Or else, delete the DisableNotificationCenter key you created in Step 4.
That’s it! This is how you can turn off the notification center in your Windows 11 computer using Registry Editor.
2) Disable Notification Center using Group Policy
Like the Registry Editor, you can also use Local Group Policy Editor to disable the Notification center. For that, follow some of the simple steps we have shared below.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 search and type in Local Group Policy Editor. Next, open the Local Group Policy Editor from the list of options.
2. On the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following path:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar
3. Now, on the right side, scroll down and find Remove Notification and Action Center.
4. Double click on the Remove Notification and Action Center and select ‘Enabled‘. Once done, click on the Apply button and then on Ok. This will disable the Notification Center.
5. If you wish to enable it, select ‘Not Configured‘ on the above Step and click on the Apply button.
That’s it! This is how you can disable the Notification Center on your Windows 11 computer.
So, this guide is all about how to enable or disable Notification Center on Windows 11. If Windows 11’s Notification often distracts you, you can also disable Notifications for apps. If you need more help disabling the notification center on Windows 11, let us know in the comments below.