If you have seen the features of Android O, you may know about the Notification dots. The Notification dots is a new feature introduced on Android Oreo, and it’s of great use.
With this feature, you will see a dot on the app whenever you receive an app notification. The green dot on the app icon on your home screen signifies that it has a notification.
Notification dots aren’t like notification badges that always appear on the notification shutter. They never stay in your face; they only act as a subtle reminder to tell you that an app has a notification.
Steps to Enable Android O Like Notification Dots on Any Android Device
The good thing is that you can use a third-party app to enable Android O-type notification dots on any Android smartphone. Below, we have shared some simple steps to enable Android O Like Notification dots on any Android. Let’s check out.
1. First of all, install the Nova Launcher Prime. Make sure that your install the latest beta version. The dot-style notification can only be enabled in the latest beta version.
2. To get the feature working to need to enroll as the beta tester on Nova. Go to the Nova Launcher Beta Play store page and log in using the Google account. Select the option “Become A Tester” after successful login.
3. After the above steps, you will be provided an option to update the Nova Launcher with the latest beta version. Just download that update to your app and follow through with the rest of the steps.
4. Make the Nova launcher your default launcher, and then go inside the Nova Settings. Look for the Notification Badges option inside the settings and click on it. Further, Select the Dots option for notifications. This will enable the Dot-style notifications on your Nova Launcher.
5. The appearance of the dot in the apps could be easily customized through Settings.
So, that’s how easy it is to enable Android O like Notification dots on any Android smartphone. If you need more help enabling Notification dots on Android, let us know in the comments below.