If you have been reading tech news regularly, you might know that Microsoft teased its new Windows 11 Photos app a few weeks ago. The new Windows 11 Photos app has a new UI and improved functionality.
Although Microsoft had already started to roll out the new Photos app to the Windows 11 Insiders, if you have just installed the latest Windows 11, you might not see the new UI of the Photos app.
Although the new Photos app will be rolled out to every Windows 11 insider in the upcoming weeks, if you can’t wait that long, you can download and install the new Photos app right now.
Also read: How to Change Windows 11 Lock Screen Wallpaper
2 Methods to Install the New Windows 11 Photos App
This article will share the two best methods to get the new Windows 11 Photos app on your PC. The methods are going to be very easy. Just follow some of the simple steps given below.
1) Update the Photos App from the Microsoft Store
This method will update the Photos app directly from the Microsoft Store. However, please note that the update is not available for everyone. So, if you can’t edit the Photos app, you need to implement the second method.
1. First, open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 PC. You need to click on the three dots and select Downloads & Updates.
2. Next, click on the Get updates button, as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Now, select the Microsoft Photos app and install the update.
That’s it! You are done. After the update, you will see the new & cleaner UI of Microsoft Photos.
2) Download & Install Windows 11 Photos App
Well, developer Gustave Monce has extracted the link to the app package from the Microsoft Store.
However, the extracted link no longer works, but the good thing is that the developers at Deskmodder have mirrored the file. So, you can download the app from the Mirrored link.
1. First, download the Microsoft Photos app package from HiDrive.
2. Now, double-click on the installation file and the Install button. If you already have Microsoft Photos installed, click on the Update button.
3. Once the installation is complete, click the Launch button to open the redesigned Photos app.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can get the new Windows 11 Photos app on your PC.
Features of Windows 11 Photos App
Well, the first and the main feature you notice is the rounded corners. The new Photos app has rounded corners that look good.
You would also notice dedicated menus for Categories, Collections, Albums, People, Folders, and Video Editor.
If you open any image with Microsoft Photos, you will see a new floating toolbar. The floating toolbar will provide you with quick controls.
So, this guide is all about how to get the new Windows 11 Photos app on your PC. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.